Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of pure curiousity, if lets say you had take a Savage to where there's no HPI hobby shops nor any other avenue for HPI parts...

"what spares would youstock up on??"

Go on, list all that can break & wear out...

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Spur gears

13t pinion gears

Dog bones

Diff cups & retaining pins

Tranny cups & retaining pins

engine mounts (if jumping)

clutch bell bearings

But I must admit I'm more curious as to why Sir Zoomer is asking these questions... ??

·
Registered
561 Posts
Id also add fuel tanks, one way bearings, the lower swing arms, some
spare shocks aswell as a spare wheelbearing hub !! Ive either broken or
have personally seen these things break and they are what I have spare
at all times

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Skidd said:
But I must admit I'm more curious as to why Sir Zoomer is asking these questions... ??

maybe hes trying to tell us that our savages aren't as good as we all keep saying, it would be like us telling ourselves our trucks are brittle
. Thats all i can think of, unless maybe zoomer is in the market for a savage

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
rodden said:
Just buy a whole spare truck!

LOL... I've actually done that! It doesn't work, you just finish up buying twice as many spares.

Or thinking about converting one into electric.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Skidd and Dan, how long are those parts going to last?

On my 1/8 buggy, I'd list: hinge pins, lower suspension arms, shock shafts and if you were going for big air, a diff housing or 2 plus an engine! And about 4L of fuel or more.

In my 10 months of racing every week, I've broken 2 lower front suspension arms, two hinge pins, and a shock shaft (from being t-boned by a run-away) and two servos (which are now fixed permanently due to hitec 5645).

Plus I killed the Force 21 that came with it, but this seems to be common, especially for rex-x owners.

I don't know if that sounds better or worse

Cheers, Oggy.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Ogier, I've gotta say that I have never broken any upper or lower suspension arms from bashing... including so many end over end roll overs that I've lost count. I finally broke a bottom suspension arm from driving into a pole at full speed.
And even when I did that the hinge pins were fine.

Diff housings might be good as well... although I've never damaged one myself and also I've never really brocken any shocks... although I know Morphy has.

Guess that's the great thing about this place... lots of different experiences in one location.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Shhhh...about discussing the Savage breaking up........

The revenge seeking T-Max owners might be listening in..........shhhhhhhh, you never know when they leap in.

Sherbrodski

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Sherbrodski said:
Shhhh...about discussing the Savage breaking up........

The revenge seeking T-Max owners might be listening in..........shhhhhhhh, you never know when they leap in.

Sherbrodski

LOL... I'm betting they'd be outnumbered on this forum.

G

·
Hi all, very new to the hobby and so far loveing it.

I have had my savage for 2 weeks (i Bought it s/h) and so far purchases are

Engine - Picco .26 and roto start kit

Fuel Tank

Spur gears and new pads

Wheel Nuts and hex cup kit x 2

And now after todays fun and games i will need a new rear dog bone and cups

The diff cups and trans cups have seen better days should i just replace the lot ?

And while i am spending money
should i also buy the axle dog bones and cups ? they dont look to bad at this stage but who knows what i might break next

Thanx in advance Edited by: G00GS

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
i would get some new dog bones and cups. I use all the HD gear but i honestly dont believe they last much longer. I have been using my backup original gear and so far so good

·
Registered
677 Posts
2 weeks and u piccoed it?

God......

G

·
Hey thanx Husky, by the way very cool truck mate

Sherbrodski yeah i couldnt help myself saw it on Ebay (MRC) and well it delivered what he promised LOL.

I just seem to be breaking a few more things

1 - 14 of 14 Posts