Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has done this before but i thought i would share what i have done. As you can see in the pictures i have installed an on board glow warmer, what do you guys think.

The only thing i will add to it is a deans plug so i can change the battery.

·
Registered
715 Posts
nice work mate:thumb: I saw an article on this at rc car action.com and though I might to this when ever i get some spare time. So does the other wire just stay attached to the chassis.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes mate the Negative wire is attached to the bolt that mounts the engine. You can just see it in the first photo.

Here is the deans plug i put in today, i also made up another sub C battery.

·
Registered
134 Posts
nice job buddy. Good thinking cuz :)
:thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
nice.
can this be done with any engine/glow plug? would save a few people carrying a glow plug warmer. possible to have a diagram drawn up?

plz for give me as i am new to the forums and the hobby pretty much. if the Q sounds a bit stupid.

Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mate there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I'll see what i can do about a drawing, not to good on those drawing programs but i'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
It is a good idea.

Traxxas have the onboard warmer on some of the nitro revo models.

Good job being creative. Building is what it is all about.

·
Registered
179 Posts
carrying it isnt a problem nor is the weight.But its when you take 15+mins to get to a track just to find out you left your glow plug warmer at home. i ride push bikes as i dont have enough cash to get my p's then i need to get the cash for a car!
anyway, its a great idea tho.. less stressfull if you are worried about forgetting something. 1 less item to forget :)

Carrying a glow warmer isn’t that big and heavy is it,??

·
Registered
179 Posts
nps :) just a rough drawing will do, doesnt have to be expretly pressented:D

Mate there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I'll see what i can do about a drawing, not to good on those drawing programs but i'll give it a try.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i could have just said i ride bikes but then you will possibly think about a motor bike.

i have 2 bikes. one mountain bike and the other one is a road racing bike.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Nothing wrong with Pushies dude.

Some people forget they used them as life support systems before they could afford their first car. Then again, some people are just spoiled brats and get their first cars purchased for them.

Kinda takes the focus off learning about working for a reward...but, I would do the same for my kids when they are old enough. At least that way they can drive from the sweatshop back to home etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
true, even if i had my p's and a car i would still ride here and there and to work saves on fuel..ect
at least i am staying fit :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree it is easy to carry a glow warmer but this works and now i don't have to worry about it. I got a lot of enjoyment out of making it which is part of the fun hey.

Here is the pic, in this on i added an LED light to come on when you turn the Glow warmer, it's just a visual thing so you do see it and switch it off.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ok cool thanks for this makes it easier to understand :) now where are all my switches and wires!!??

·
Registered
715 Posts
carrying it isnt a problem nor is the weight.But its when you take 15+mins to get to a track just to find out you left your glow plug warmer at home. i ride push bikes as i dont have enough cash to get my p's then i need to get the cash for a car!
anyway, its a great idea tho.. less stressfull if you are worried about forgetting something. 1 less item to forget :)

Carrying a glow warmer isn’t that big and heavy is it,??
:D

I put my fuel, buggy, tools, etc. in my bag and hop on my push bike and I'm ready to go bashing.

thanks for the diagram v8hatch, I will try this out sooner or later.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i only have 1 bag and i use it for alot of things. work,bike riding(on and off road),going to friends houses, my rc things..ect :) so i am constantly taking things out and in.
untill i can find a good bag to put my rc things in and be fairly cheap :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts