Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased 2 of these 2.4Ghz Quannum Telemetry recievers http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10343 on the 10/9 and received them on the 17/9. 1 of them was DOA in that it would connect to the TX but no voltages were displayed.
Kicked off a warranty claim with them 17/9 thinking it would be a simple quick fix...how wrong I was.

After almost 4 weeks, dozens of emails and lodging a PayPal dispute they finally gave me a store credit for the purchase price.

The warning is that if you get product from China then you MUST return it to China cause PayPal will not protect you if you ship it to the Australian warehouse. The item sat in the post office for 10 days before they collected it and then only after I posted them the tracking showing it had been there so long.

Aussie boss of Hextronic
ANTHONY JAMES HAND
8 Hawdon's Cove, TUROSS HEAD NSW 2537
Born: 26/01/1979, SYDNEY, NSW

Will be receiving a filthy letter next week expressing my disgust at their poor customer service.

End rant, I gotta get back to pushing those 1's & 0's around :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Hi, my names ian from hobbyking... I am about to read you a transcript from our legal team that will ream you a new azz.. Please be advised that we don't give a truck as your a drop in the ocean and we make millions.. Even though our apparent founder is an aussie he has watched too many episodes Barak obama's favourite sit com and now puts all warrenties through Alah!!!

Hope you have a nice day and stick it up your not so technical support nappy....

Keep at them mate, jump through hoops and send them links to your thread...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owner still lives at home with his dad according to ASIC....

Name: IAN STANFORD HAND 5E2428413
Address: 8 Hawdon's Cove, TUROSS HEAD NSW 2537
Born: 07/02/1948, HERTFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The owner still lives at home with his dad according to ASIC....

Name: IAN STANFORD HAND 5E2428413
Address: 8 Hawdon's Cove, TUROSS HEAD NSW 2537
Born: 07/02/1948, HERTFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM
No, that would be his father. He's alot younger and obviously has a good buisness head...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is Ian or james the owner? I thought the younger was the owner....or maybe he couldn't get a real job so works for his daddy...

Either way I have a very thick file on the both of them now.....

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have had bad warranty support also ,
Bought a monster beetle for my daughter last Christmas 2011 ,car was doa
Lodged a warranty claim with them told me to send to moruya nsw somewhere only to get told it got sent back to china warehouse ,
This is where I learnt that paypal has 45 days to make a claim I was unaware of this and left it too late,
So after about 20 emails and tickets back and forth of telling me they don't have my car I threatened legal action ,
I finally got onto someone who found it and 8mnths later it got resolved

I spose my over 200 purchases with hobby king have been good ,just takes one bad one to **** ya up the wall

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi, my names ian from hobbyking... I am about to read you a transcript from our legal team that will ream you a new azz.. Please be advised that we don't give a truck as your a drop in the ocean and we make millions.. Even though our apparent founder is an aussie he has watched too many episodes Barak obama's favourite sit com and now puts all warrenties through Alah!!!

Hope you have a nice day and stick it up your not so technical support nappy....

Keep at them mate, jump through hoops and send them links to your thread...
have you been on the turps Tiny?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
The son owns Hobbyking, as for warranty, it has always been widely publicized by HK that to obtain warranty, you must first contact them, and they will begin the claim, next you must send the item back to them at your expense, and finally they will inspect/test the item and if they are happy that your claim is correct, they will give you a store credit.

The things I find wrong with this...

Why a store credit, why not refund the money...reason is simple...they get the gear at far less than they sell it for, and it is more beneficial to them to have you re-spend within thir store, that way they still make the profit from the sale.

Even if they refunded the money, it goes back to paypal , and sits there in your PP account until you spend it, if you want to return it to your bank account, there is a penalty paid to do this.

More often than not it is far too expensive to obtain warranty on the items from them anyway, it is better to cut your losses and forget about it.

I rarely use electronics (apart from fittings, and wires) from HK due to the high volume of dodgy crap that spews out of their warehouse, and generally allow for this when buying anything from them, I always buy multiples of the items, expecting at least 30% to be rubbish, damaged or not work, and am usually not disappointed by them, they generally manage to maintain their pretty low standards.

How does the saying go...If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...Good on you HK...You have never let me down...you have always maintained your minimum quality standards...top effort

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hobbyking have done alright by me, if my 412 reciever was DOA, I would not even worry about it, i aint got time to muck around chasing $12

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I bought a few LiPos from HK aus warehouse 1 LiPo pack ($15 worth) came slightly puffed i chucked it on the balancer & yes 1 cell was nearly 0. I could have made a claim but for $15 ???? CBF chasing it up...So far all the stuff i bought from them it works....

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I didnt think this was a warning, more that it was common knowledge.

If you buy from the Aus warehouse you can return it to the Aus warehouse but this still takes about 3 weeks.

Customer service has never been hobbykings strong point.

Ill still continue to buy from them though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The son owns Hobbyking, as for warranty, it has always been widely publicized by HK that to obtain warranty, you must first contact them, and they will begin the claim, next you must send the item back to them at your expense, and finally they will inspect/test the item and if they are happy that your claim is correct, they will give you a store credit.

The things I find wrong with this...

Why a store credit, why not refund the money...reason is simple...they get the gear at far less than they sell it for, and it is more beneficial to them to have you re-spend within thir store, that way they still make the profit from the sale.

Even if they refunded the money, it goes back to paypal , and sits there in your PP account until you spend it, if you want to return it to your bank account, there is a penalty paid to do this.

More often than not it is far too expensive to obtain warranty on the items from them anyway, it is better to cut your losses and forget about it.

I rarely use electronics (apart from fittings, and wires) from HK due to the high volume of dodgy crap that spews out of their warehouse, and generally allow for this when buying anything from them, I always buy multiples of the items, expecting at least 30% to be rubbish, damaged or not work, and am usually not disappointed by them, they generally manage to maintain their pretty low standards.

How does the saying go...If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...Good on you HK...You have never let me down...you have always maintained your minimum quality standards...top effort

Towie,
I did follow all their procedures to the letter and heres some info for the punters. Offering a store credit is wrong according to Fairtrading in this situation.

Ckeck the refunds criteria and I am entitled to a refund.
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Buying_goods/Consumer_rights_myths_and_facts.html

Store Credit - Read the Refunds Section
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/C...and_refunds/Repairs_refunds_replacements.html

Refunds
The person or business giving the refund must repay any money you paid for the returned goods, and return any other form of payment you made – for example, a trade-in.
If this is not possible, they must refund the value of the item.
They must not:
  • offer a credit note, exchange card or replacement goods instead of a refund. You cannot accept this kind of offer
  • refuse a refund, or reduce the amount, because the goods were not returned in original packaging or wrapping
I want my money back, I'll spend it elsewhere later so I don't care how long it sits in my PayPal account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.