Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it there on Saturday!! Very nice place. It is basically an old warehouse that has been freshly done up. Located in an industrial estate in Archerfield, near the airport. Check www.hobbystation.com.au for details on location.

The shop front, kinda' small, but has Tamiya andprotform bodies in stock, reasonably priced, $38.50 for the protoforms. Small array of TX's, and cheap modifieds, yokomo drifter's, x-ray chassis', and the odd Tamiya car here and there.

The upper level features, fresh paint and carpet, 4 rooms with about 10 tables (guessing from memory) and plenty of chairs. These are your pits. On the same level is the rail that you lean over - a very roomy control platform. You are postioned about 3.5m high. Which is a pretty good height imho.

The track, check the site for layout, but it's basically a very fast circuit. It is 150m in total distance, and a decent driver with a decent race car should complete laps in under 21 secs or so. I think my quickest was closer to about 30, on my first or 2nd lap, that was before I started hitting things! I really need to improve my circuit driving. Never fear that tho, the straights have soft tubing on them, so your car doesn't contact any hard wood, metal. The inside of the corners have a neat soft bumper effect from using pvc panels. Therefore, your not hitting a hard surface if you over-cut the turn.

The owners, Leo and Carl very helpful and seem to know what there on about. Happy to help, and encourage all to bring they're car along, even a hotted up TL01 like mine!!

Business is quiet, which was a good thing for me, as I was a little nervous about taking it too the track, after my Meakin Park experiences - broke a chassis there.

When I was there I went with a mate and his gurl from the coast, there was only about another 3 people. They had a Smartech '34 with PVC. I finally saw what it's all about! Bit slow, but awesome to watch when a perfect slide is made! Carl also had some chassis with a 40's Dodge pickup body, and he was a much better drifter. As we left, about 4pm Saturday, there was a few people showing up with there neat tourers for the Saturday night race - serious people. Sunday is for fun racing. Only downside is the pvc dust left on the track from the drift cars. Like any dust, it just brushes off.

Membership is $40 - not sure if I'm that keen. But I will return, $3 for non-members, $2 for members, for 1 hour of the track. $10 and $15 respectively for a whole day.Every day except Monday (closed) 10am - 5pm.

I'll surely go back soon, maybe this weekend. So let us know if anyone wants to meet there... aaand sorry for the loooong essay! Just wanted to cover it all.
Edited by: GSRace

·
Registered
439 Posts
GSRace said:
The upper level features, fresh paint and carpet, 4 rooms with
about 10 tables (guessing from memory) and plenty of chairs.  These
are your pits.  On the same level is the  rail that you lean over - a
very roomy control platform.  You are postioned about 3.5" high. 
Which is a pretty good height imho.
3.5 inches high??

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EDIT:

Fixed..! metres mate!

Thanks for that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going there again today, keen to drift!

If anyone is Brisbane with EP tourer wants to meet there let me know. Leo said he would even hold a private meet for us Brisbane AUSRC members.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts