Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Ben. I'm 28, from Sydney ( inner west ) and have been into rc for about 20 years :)
I'm into all things rc, especially electric buggies, trucks, cars and boats. I'm looking to meet other rc fans to run rc's around the inner west / eastern suburbs area of Sydney. I'm available sometimes during weekdays as well as weekends. Feel free to say hi on here or send me a private message :)

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
G'day Ben, welcome to AusRC.

With 20 years of RC experience, you must have a wealth of knowledge and have probably acquired quite a collection by now :)

Sorry I'm not a Sydney-sider, but I'm sure are a few around here somewhere. In the meantime, enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vital-Blurs.

I know a bit about rc, still so much more to learn :)

I own a few rc vehicles and just filled out my signature so you can see them there.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi Ben, Welcome to AUSRC.

I'm in Melbourne so sorry I can't catch up for a run.
I see you have a Twister Bell 47 how well does it fly? My son has the twister Chinook which is no good outside but got it set up ok for inside flying until the ESC S#$t itself and the helicopter fell out of the sky from about 6m. Waiting for the ESC to be repaired and will see how it goes after that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if your in sydney and want to experience largescale cars and see all of the different makes and models then come on out to

ssme sydney society model engineers .... luddenham rd luddeham just of elizabeth drive open days are the last sunday of the month..

there is a open day this weekend if anybody is interested

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,

Daviboy, I don't think I'll ever get out of this hobby. Love it too much. Think twice before selling your rc gear. You may regret it.

Mouse, thanks for the welcoming. Haven't flown the bell 47 in ages. I remember this was my very first copter. Got it years ago after being fascinated when the hobby shop assistant flew one around the store. They fly great, really stable and easy to fly as they are coax. I flew it mainly indoors as it isn't a large heli but can fly fine outside as long as it aint too breezy. I've noticed that coax helis don't like wind very much and can tend to climb when you don't necessarily want them to climb but are still plenty of fun :)

Losi, I recently checked out the SSME website and was thinking of taking a look at the park. Might turn up on Sunday. What time do you guys start?
Wouldn't mind getting my 1st 5th scale vehicle. Are all makes of 5th scale vehicles allowed on the SSME large scale track?

·
Registered
11 Posts
99% of them are allowed ...haven't seen one yet that hasn't been able to race ..
there are restriction's tho like 2,4ghz radio and remote kill switch which is cheap these days for saftey..

gates open 9am

come on up to the driver's container stand and have a chat to the boys ..they would be more than willing to help with any question's you have..

cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts