Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting back into RC after 30 years, I bought my Hornet in 1985 from Target of all places, now at the ripe old age of 44 I am treating myself to the Hotshot (intention is to build up from this) for the last few years I have been building static models and this is, for me, the natural progression. I look forward to grabbing the experience of you guys and implementing it with my cars (I can not find an old school 2 channel stick transmitter to save myself, so I will have to learn on the wheel transmitter), the only other thing I am trying to do is find the original decals for the hotshot. Enough about me, impart your wisdom onto me!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, after 49 views and 2 weeks not a single response (not even a welcome to ausrc). Is this place only for people that have been members since the early days?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lol hey mate. I suspect everyone was waiting for someone else that could actually help you. I doubt you will be able to buy the decals unless Tamiya re-released the model recently. As for the stick controller you could buy a used one of someone but then you have to deal with crappy analogue radio. I would go for the 2.4ghz pistol control. If you absolutely have to have stick then look for flysky or spektrum flight controllers.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Ah, sorry mate. I try to make a habit of always welcoming new comers, but you must've slipped through on this occasion. I'm surprised it managed 49 views without a reply.

Trust me, there's no boys club shenanigans or elitism regarding how long a member has been around. It's just this place is a bit of a ghost town lately. A handful of people pass through each day (mostly guests) but hardly anyone posts any more.

So, I hope this belated welcome hasn't come too late for you, mate. We could really do with some new members to keep this place alive.

Are the repro Hotshot decals on ebay just a bit too pricey?....or were you looking for originals?

·
Registered
140 Posts
A large portion of the 49 views could be to search bots from the likes of Google. Parts or phrases of your post may have shown up in search results.

Admin from another forum said a large number of the view count is a result of search bots.

Oh and welcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, I bought the Hotshot the other day but now have to wait until Christmas to build it as the wife has decided to pay for it and make it my present (the pain of looking at the box and not being able to open it). I went with a 2.4ghz pistol control, I will just have to get used to it. As for the decal set, I was hoping to get my hands on a set (even reproduction) of originals with the actual company names, I will have to have a look at them on ebay and decide which way I want to go.

As for hanging around, I intend to try and be an active participant, as I have found forums to be the best source for info on just about all things, there is nothing like community knowledge.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the addiction Kev
you will have to open it and check if all the parts are there
the wife will be very disappointed on Christmas day if there are parts missing hehe
use guilt to your advantage
.that's what I would try

1 - 9 of 9 Posts