Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys cool site! My intrest in RC cars has flared up again recently and I came across this site while surfing the net! At the moment Ive got a GV AU Falcon with an OS12CV-X , but in the near future want to move up to a 1/8 nitro Buggy or truck as its too hard to find places to drive a road car for me (without too frequently kissing gutters or polls on basketball courts (may be a sign of my driving skill or my GV's crappy handling) So im probalbly going to source a new Picco P3 .26 or similar and possibly a rolling secondhand buggy or truck if anyone has any recomendations for me? Just somethingthatwill bewickedlyfast and reasonalbly robust for me to have a bit of fun with!
Edited by: Jungleboy

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
yeah, savage. I have a GV super cobra with the same motor. Youll love the savage after that

·
Registered
709 Posts
JungleBoy
GO SAVAGE.
WANA GO HARD??
GO SAVAGE.
WANA GO QUIK?
GO PICCO'd SAVAGE!
WANA FLY?
Get a Buggy
WANASOAR???? GET A SAVAGE!!!
Edited by: foolSp33d

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
savage.. i researched for like a month.. and i bought a second hand savvy from the states..

best buy i have made.. although expensive for me.. (i needed to buy all
the chargers, fuel , etc.. you will have all that, and a savage will
rock your world..

my eighbour has a crap 1/10 scale car with a .15.. and he flips on pebles..

a gutter doesnt even stop me and my savage..

its seriously a BEAST.. it takes a beating!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I like the look of the savage! What sort of price couldI pick a decent second hand one up for? (without engine) anyone got one for sale?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Jungleboy said:
Yeah I like the look of the savage! What sort of price
couldI pick a decent second hand one up for? (without engine)
anyone got one for sale?
Why without an engine Jungleboy? Do
you already have the engine? Mark from MRC Model Car Parts
has probably some of the best pricing of Savage parts/kits in Australia
and has sold to many of the members of this site. Give him a call and
see what he'll do pricewise. Otherwise keep an eye out on ebay
and you might pick up something used and cheap. Find out how much you
can get them new off Mark first though so you know what they're worth.
$1200 from a regular LHS I've heard?

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Welcome to the site Jungleboy... glad to have you aboard.

Most of the people to answer you question are of course Savage owners. I'm not sure you would get the same answer if you asked that same question on a Traxxas forum.

My advice, if you want a true hard bashing truck that will take a beating without letting you down too often... go for a savge. (bet you can't guess what I own).

You should be able to get a roller for around $600 and a decent 2nd hand one for just under $700.

Good luck.

Skidd

·
Registered
263 Posts
For a 1/8th buggy Iwould say a GV Rex-x (XTM X-Factor in the USA) or an Ofna from Radio Model Supplies in Perth.

For a 1/8th Monster Truck I would say a Savage 25or Tamiya TNX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yay! I just purchased a brand new Ofna Hyper 7 PBS from ebay (OZ-RC Models in QLD) for $610 + $40 postage, Hopefully It will arrive before then end of the week so I can start running it in
Anyway Im all excited now, just have to wait for it to turn up! after much thought I decided a buggy would suit my needs best and had been looking at the HoBao Hyper 7 PBS pro for $749 from RMS in perth or a standard Hyper 7PBS from Python Hobbies, but couldnt pass up this as Im on a tight budget over the next month or two so the price was right! Also went out to St Andrews RC Club today to check out the racing, everyone was pretty friendly and hopefully I will get to take my car out there soonfor a bit of fun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.