Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am new to the world of RC cars, and I am currently in the process of buying one.

So far, the most decent option for me was a used HPI Blitz. This was $220.

What kinds of top speed would I be looking at for this car?

I have a friend who owns a $700, and he says that it is capable of top speeds of over 120 km/h. I'm looking for a car that can give this car a run. If this car is no good, I have a budget of around $200, and I'm interested in anything on road/ off road, but I prefer it to be electric, not nitro. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How long is a piece of string?

There are many variables that affect top speed.

In your case, being new to rc. I would be less concerned about top speed!

There are more important things to consider, like what is the most common parts that break in a crash and how much are they going to cost if they are readily available.

What type of driving are you wanting to do. On or off road?

I think you need to do a fair bit more homework than just looking at top speeds!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would prefer off road, and I have done lots of homework :p

My brother recently got a HSP truck, and its alot of fun! I am looking into a 1:10 short course brushless truck, and I still prefer a high speed truck, as I need something to beat my friend! Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Listen to Brainless ESC

You asked a question of people that have experience with RC then choose not to listen
if you get a so called fast truck all that will happen is you will meet the tree or wall at a
higher speed and break more parts costing you more to repair and putting you off the hobby
better to start with a good truck and learn how to drive it and make it handle then step up
to a more expensive/faster truck and get the best out of it.

Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough. What would be a good first option for a car then? Would you recommend the HPI blitz flux? I heard that its practically indestructible.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts