Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, guys i have a 1/16th losi race truck, its stock and low.

1st: i seem to brake a lot of steering servos, how can i prevent this?

2nd: what could i do to turn it into more of a crawler, itll need tires and suspension, anything else?

3rd: what ods could i do to make it drift better? :confused:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Isn't the losi 2wd? That's gonna make it hard

1. Upgrade the servo, I'm not familiar with 1/16 stuff but there would be stronger ones available

2. No point making it a crawler, it's to little to go over anything

3. 2wd is gonna be hard to drift, does it have 12mm hex? Could chuck done 1/10 drift tyres on and give it a try

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Is it a mini sct, lst, t or something else?
Don't think it would make a good crawler due to independent suspension, u could give crawling a go but would get stuck at the first obstacle. Lst would make an ok drifter, just get some 12mm adapters and drift tires as stated above. Or use tape on ur existing tires to make them slip to test it out.

For the servo problem get some metal geared ones, they should last longer.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
ok, guys i have a 1/16th losi race truck, its stock and low.

1st: i seem to brake a lot of steering servos, how can i prevent this?

Better servo...Hitec or similar with metal gears

2nd: what could i do to turn it into more of a crawler, itll need tires and suspension, anything else?

Nothing...grab a rock crawler, adding long travel suspension and bigger wheels will put massive load on the gearbox and axles and destroy everything

3rd: what ods could i do to make it drift better? :confused:
As suggested by someone else, wrap electrical tape around the wheels, this will make the wheels spin freely on polished or smooth surfaces and give you a chance to work out if you like it or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts