Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just need some advise here im about to build up a 1/8 buggy and dont know what to get money really isnt a issue since im building it up over time so what is the best to get so far im looking at KYOSHO MP7.5 KAN3 or the MUGEN MBX-5 are there any others i should look at?? im looking for something thats really fast for a basher and jumping but also be able to do really well on the race track i already have the controller set FUTABA 3PK i also need some advise on what motor to choose sorry for the long message guys any help would be good cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
I spent a fortune on my mbx-5. kit $1200, novarossi engine $450, Servos $190, Pipe $240. starter box etc etc

Sure it's a great car but when I saw the Hobao pbs pro I could of cried. (so i bought it)

The hoboa pbs pro (see radiomodels.com.au) has everything the mbx-5 has plus more, all alloy parts, radio gear, good hyper-7 engine, (pipe could be a little better) the build quality is amazing, out of all my cars I think this one is one of the best. for $750 !!

Even if you get a novarossi engine and pipe that costs $650 you are still up, have the rossi for racing and the hyper7 for bashing

Good Luck

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wish I was, but no, just a few good deals every now and then

my missus always knows what to get me. for xmas, birthdays etc

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yeh i agree nitro the Hyper PBS Pro is a sick buggie for the price. our hobbie stores hav em for $749. they are very fast with the Hyper 21 8 Port engine. and part are just about everywhere now.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Sounds like a pretty trick buggy - well worth a look.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have two mates with hyper 7's and they both love them.

One has a NovaMega P5 which absolutely screams, and the buggy handles really well with that very torquey engine. The other had the Hyper 21 8port, which he managed to destory in short order, mostly due to poor advice from his LHS, and some poor tuning on his own behalf. He has now replaced that with a OSMAX 21 (??? not sure which one) which has awesome top speed, but lacks a little grunt down low.

Overall they are pretty good buggies however, very tough...in our bash sessions the only things commonly broken are wheel hexes, and even then not so often. The PBS setup is extremely durable, very tunable, and very handable. When setup well, they are very controllable off-road, which is what you really want in a buggyI guess...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haveheard nothing but great things about the Deluxe version of the X-Terminator ( that is the name used in theUS it is called something else here in Aust.) It is an RTR kit BUT comes with all the Hop-ups you would normally never get on an RTR. It is extremely durable, and comes with a .246?? engine that is supposed to be extremely good/fast for RTR. It is definately Race-Ready straight out of the box, well this is all stuff that others have been saying, I have read hole forum subjects on it and haven't seen any negative feedback on the car, there is also the standard version of the x-terminator BUT it obviously doesnt come with all the parts that give you theextra performance and strength/durability.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The X-Terminator is called a Rex-x in australia.
It comes in 2 flavours, the RTR version and a PRO model which has all the aluminium hop ups and no engine or electrics.

The RTR can be picked up for about $500 now (www.radiomodels.com.au) I'm not sure of the price of the PRO model.
RTR includes a Force21 engine and Gewise wheel radio (am 2ch)

I've got a Rex-x and have put an RB WS7II engine in it and it runs great. I definitely misses out on some things that the Kyosho MP7.5 Kanaii III, MBX-5 and even Hyper PBS buggies have, but the Rex is at least as good if not better than the baseline version of those buggies. (especially for price)

You can't (easily) get the XTM 24.7 engine over here, so there's no point considering it unless you're willing to buy it from the U.S. Parts for the Rex-x and X-terminator are the same, but price is interesting. A US$30 part cost me Aus$30 from my LHS - the parts originate from Taiwan, so each importer gets to set their pricing.

If you are an experienced RC driver and money is no objective, then there's also a new XRay buggy (XB8?) which along with the MBX5 and Kyosho Kanii (II & 3?) are driven by the worlds best drivers. There might even be a Hyper in there, can't remember.

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a deluxe version of the US car for a buy it nowUS $399 for sale at RC-MASTERS (you can use Paypal), a USebay store and it comes with everything engine, radio equipment, the lot it is an RTR but is also the Deluxe version which is what everyone is givivg a big wrap in the US. You end up paying a bit for shipping but it will probably still end up cheaper, as was said aabove you dont even get the engine etc with the Aust. kit,please read below, this is the exact car I am taliking about for US$399it sounds like there is a big difference in Australian and US models:

XTM
X-TERMINATOR DELUXE
READY TO RUN

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=700><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="100%">
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED IN A RACE BUGGY...WE'VE PUT IN A RTR!
XTM engineers and team test pilots have spent crazy-hours updating the X-Terminator with the trick stuff perfect for experienced enthusiasts. The new X-Terminator Deluxe has all the hop ups you'll want and all the features that make it awesome to drive, easy to maintain, and a simple joy to own.
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="100%">
Look closely and you'll see over $200.00 in hopups. But it doesn't end there, we've also dropped in the new over-sized super cooling head, an all metal gear train for the steering servo, a racing 2 chamber pipe, and included the ergonomically advanced Aggressor Radio from Hitec.</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
"XTM Racing certainly did its homework when it put together an upgraded package of the already popular X-Terminator."
"The 24.7 puts out plenty of punch that easily broke all four tires loose-even on high-grip surfaces."

Features:
<UL>
<UL>
<LI>XTM All Metal Gear Servo, & Hitec Aggressor AM Radio.
<LI>X-77 MG Speed Demon SX
<LI>Machined Aluminum Steering Blocks
<LI>Machined 7075 Aluminum Hinge Pin Holder Front & Rear
<LI>5mm Machined 7075 Aluminum Shock Towers
<LI>Racing Style 2-Chamber Tuned Pipe/Header
<LI>Carbon Fiber Brake Plate T=2mm
<LI>Brake Disk Splash Guards
<LI>Receiver Case Spacer (sponge)
<LI>Battery Case Spacer (sponge)
<LI>1/8 Racing Tires "Spikes"
<LI>Carbon Fiber Radio Tray
<LI>Machined 7075 Aluminum Rear Brace </LI>[/list]

More Features:
<UL>
<LI>Painted Body
<LI>Front Universals
<LI>Shock Boots
<LI>Black Spoke Wheels
<LI>Ball Bearing Steering
<LI>Silicone Switch Cover
<LI>Black, Adjustable Bi-Level Wing
<LI>Cup-Style Differentials Easily Hold Diff Oil </LI>[/list][/list]Edited by: Inferno

·
Registered
117 Posts
if your looking for a buggy that can handle big jumps can bash and do well on the race track i'd suggest the mbx-5 or the Kyosho Mp777 Special 1 these are the tops buggies out their. Or if money isn't an object get the mbx-5 prospec one of the most durable buggies on the market and also is the world champion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.