Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

with the engine off when i push my car forward, the car comes to a stop pretty fast... it feels like the brakes are on or something. I have set the throttle trim to high. So the brakes should not be on.

when i spin 1 wheel, the wheels spin freely. but when i spin Both rear wheels in the same direction. it seems to "drag" alot. or when i put all4 wheels on the floor and try push it, it doesnt want to roll.

P.s the problem i had of the car was "in gear" was fixed yesterday when i changed by clutch spring

any sugeestions to where i need to look... is something stuck or broke?

thansk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Howdy Kev,

I'm guessing you have the Inferno with the two shoe clutch? My Inferno had a similar problem and when I disassembled the clutch I found only half the spring was in there - basically disintegrated. Since then I have fitted a generic Kyosho replacement spring (about $8 for four of them) and it has been OK. I think the generic spring is a little softer, so a true "Neutral" is harder to come by, but I can live with it until I spring for the MIP replacement kit.

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i got a 2 shoe clutch

i did get a generic spring, but the guy only hadone for1/10 scale car.

the clutch spring was actually shorter than the stock one. u think this is the prob?

also what is a MIP replacement? and how much?

thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not sure whether your short spring was the problem. I had no problems with mine ... at least so far! One thing I did notice when installing mine was that when I joined the ends up, it wasn't very tidy and parts of the join stod proud from the groove in the clutch and I had to do some crimping with needle pliers to get it nice any tidy.

The clutch is the MIP replacement clutch for the Inferno here's the details:

[url]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWM10& amp;P=7[/url]

It looks a quality item. It comes with the right tension springs, and also has multiple holes in the shoes so you can tune them for how hard they take up. I believe a lot of Savage .21 owners are using these as well (I probably will myself if my Sav clutch lets go).

If I were you I would try again with the generic Kyosho spring and be REAL careful with the join - if it stands proud there is trouble, and likewise if there is ANY chance of the join coming apart, which is what I reckon happened with mine.

Mike

·
Registered
793 Posts
check your gear mesh, brakes, dont think its your clutch. Check that none of the drive belts are rubbing on anything...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
start removing parts from the engine out until you find the culprit - sounds like a sticky brake plate or somethig rubbing - like will said.

Does not sound like your diffs, unless it on the drive shaft. Is is front or rear? If its both, then it has to be something in common, like the brake. Check to see if anything has got logded in there somewhere...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it actually feels like its the front wheels....

coz when i hold the rear wheels up and drag the car on its front wheeles only the wheels of the car wants to "slide"instead of roll...

whereas when i rol the rear wheels it seems to roll quite easily

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hmmm I see, yeah start trouble shooting form the frount drive then...

Good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok it definitly the front.....

when i got the car off the ground.... then i apply a bit of throttle... the rear tyres spin a bit, but the front tyres dont yet move...

i look at it.... i can see anything out of the ordinary externally

what could be broken?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
As I said, start dismantling. Its very hard to help someone when all they can say is it don’t work.
Make it rear wheel drive, see if that helps free up the front wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts