Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

got my sav finally but i can not seem to be able to fit the lid of the battery box on.i have repositioned the receiver and cable tied allthe wires down but

a- i have alot of troble getting the lid to fit in at all

b- if i do get it in, there is no room for the clips to fit in.i have rechecked and can not get it any neater under there. is there a trick to it

c- is ther a better way of removing and refitting the batt box instead of the body clips as i have big fat fingers

cruzn2

·
Registered
660 Posts
i just dont use the cover to much a pain in the ass, i got in my reciever a 5 hump pack 645mg, sf-2 and sf-1 for reverse it is too hard also i go a new era rolls bar which makes it even harder. I just run with no cover and put the pins in to stop it from moving
works for me

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
it is usually the wires for the servos that get caught in the lid. I played with mine for ages before realising this. The lid actually fits easilt with nothing blocking it. Mess around with it some more, youll get it eventually

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I find this to be the most frustration part of my savage. I would prefer to remove a tvp rather than the lid of that box.

Make sure that your servos are positioned correctly. Some servos require the packers and some dont. When these are in the right position I guarentee that its cables. Use a small screwdriver to poke and reposition the wires while trying to put the lid on.

Also I find that its handy to make small handles for r-clipsout of zip ties and fuel hose.

I now have a rechargable battery and a charge plug so that I never (in theory) have to open that infernal box again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys

i already did the hump pack and rechargable thingy on the switch and i also did the cabletie and fuel hose thingamajig

i think i will just not use the cover
or then again maybe i will ,i'll give it another try ..

cruzn2

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Millzy I think right now MRC Model car parts is a cheap as importing from the US. I bought mine from tower when the AUD was strong and saved a little.

Was it worth it? Don't know - MRC is good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
millzy555 said:
Where and who did you buy from

Ace hobbies. tower not in stock at that time and ace delivered within 5 days from ordering.

Back to topic------------------

i managed to get the battery box lid on but @#@##@ hell what a struggle , just hope that i dont have to take it off again..

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
if its done right, its no struggle. The lid should drop straight on. Chech thet the steering servo screws arent hitting the lid

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I had my throttle servo sitting just a little too high when I first assembled the box and it was a pain....

·
Registered
472 Posts
when i h ad ym savage this is how i did it

1. feed aerial through hole 2. make sure all wires are out of way 3. place the front of the box on first...this will require the aerial to bend quite alot but ti will be fine...dont be scared to use a lil force...also aply a tiny bit fo pressure to the shocktower and push it forward for a little extra clearance..4. slidde the back down down til its touching the aerial base...5. witha screw driver apply pressure around where the aerial base till it slides completely thorugh

then apply the pins

it sounds long and complicated but when ur doing it its very quick <20 secs

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
cruzn2 said:
millzy555 said:
Where and who did you buy from

Ace hobbies. tower not in stock at that time and ace delivered within 5 days from ordering.

Back to topic------------------

i managed to get the battery box lid on but @#@##@ hell what a struggle , just hope that i dont have to take it off again..

LOL... that bothersome radio box!! Like you, most of us have gone to hump packs and so once we have struggled to get it done up... that's it!! Never agin!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we will see

i am thonking about putting th jr-xs3 trans ans rs3000fm pll syns 27 mhz rx

so i suppose hereawe go again for now,

cruzn2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts