Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a kid I had a Tamyia buggy and loved it but I was a bit young and didn't know how to look after it properly and the servo would always either get stuck or come loose. There was no internet back then to share tips and tricks. Also, the batteries didn't last very long, but it was still a lot of fun.

In the last few months I got an Arrma Notorious and wow what an upgrade! Not to mention all the advice available online about shimming the diffs (adding washers to mesh the gears closer and reduce stripping), tightening the suspension before launching, as well as all the optional mods and upgrades. I'm having a lot of fun at BMX tracks and skateparks around Melbourne. My favorite so far is JJ Holland Park which has both. The kids (4&2) love it and so do their friends (and dads) and it always gets a lot of attention from bystanders and there's always at least one dad that asks me all about it and where to buy one.

I've had to learn a lot and fast about diff fluid, lipo charging and storage, and how to disassemble and reassemble the truggy but it's been a blast (no pun intended).

A couple of videos:
https://youtu.be/8XiSHFAcnBY
https://youtu.be/pybr7ttHB9k

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a kid I had a Tamyia buggy and loved it but I was a bit young and didn't know how to look after it properly and the servo would always either get stuck or come loose. There was no internet back then to share tips and tricks. Also, the batteries didn't last very long, but it was still a lot of fun.

In the last few months I got an Arrma Notorious and wow what an upgrade! Not to mention all the advice available online about shimming the diffs (adding washers to mesh the gears closer and reduce stripping), tightening the suspension before launching, as well as all the optional mods and upgrades. I'm having a lot of fun at BMX tracks and skateparks around Melbourne. My favorite so far is JJ Holland Park which has both. The kids (4&2) love it and so do their friends (and dads) and it always gets a lot of attention from bystanders and there's always at least one dad that asks me all about it and where to buy one.

I've had to learn a lot and fast about diff fluid, lipo charging and storage, and how to disassemble and reassemble the truggy but it's been a blast (no pun intended).

A couple of videos:
Hi mate, I’m new here as well. My story pretty much matches yours but I don’t run anything as serious as that! I’ve got old Tamiya buggies and two rere’s; HPI rtr gt40 drift car; a Kyosho; some WLtoys and Chinese no name boats which are loads of fun. I often go to Woodlands park or Kingford Smith reserve in Glenroy. I think it’s great to shout out good public spaces. Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts