Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a rex-x with a force .21 with slide carb. It generally runs no prob, starts easy when cold and as a rule never stalls or runs bad. I have set up the jet screws as per force's recommendations and add 1/2 turn to make sure i dont run lean.

Problem im having is if it does stall it is extreamly hard to start again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Jet Screws?? I think you mean High and Low End Needles.

Anyway, if its hard to start while hot try pulling the pressure line from the exhaust to the fuel tank and blow a bit of fuel into the engine, then try and start it again.

Thats all i can think of for now, otherwise you could wait till its a bit colder and try again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My engine does the same, its when the engine gets hot the fuel gets pushed back into the tank, i just let it cool for about 10 minutes and start it again, i don't know if theres a proper solution.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
if it doesn't have a composite carb the fuel may boil slowly so when you go to restart there is no fuel. Also you will have less compression when it is hot so it will be harder to start

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah its a prob with the carb, also is it known that the force .21 run hot because of the small cooling head? Every other .21 has had an engine cooling head about twice as big!

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I have a 21BB which is essentially a force 21 and it has a big cooling head but it still liked to run hot(300f)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
4 screws i believe.. aint it the same as the S-25..

(DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.. i HAVE NO IDEA)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.