Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I own a Traxxas Slayer Pro and I can purchase all parts I need from eBay, but for some reason my Bro who owns a GV Cage is having a hard time finding somewhere to purchase bits and pieces for his rig. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can go to find a supplier for these?

Our LHS says that every time we need a part that we should email him, then he will email his supplier who will then email him back with a price and a time frame then we have to pay for the parts up front then they place the order.... its a pain is the a$$ so we are trying to find somewhere online.

Any suggestions?

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Still got his manual? Find the part # you're after and google it. That's all I do then shop around for the cheapest/closest.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Guys,

I own a Traxxas Slayer Pro and I can purchase all parts I need from eBay, but for some reason my Bro who owns a GV Cage is having a hard time finding somewhere to purchase bits and pieces for his rig. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can go to find a supplier for these?

Our LHS says that every time we need a part that we should email him, then he will email his supplier who will then email him back with a price and a time frame then we have to pay for the parts up front then they place the order.... its a pain is the a$$ so we are trying to find somewhere online.

Any suggestions?

Cheers guys.
GV products are the easiest to order parts for in this country as the importer Model Engines is 1 of the biggest and better organised in the country. If your LHS deals with ME regularly then they can get the parts in easily unless if ME runs out of stock (which is unlikely). As long as you have kept your manual and have the parts list, you will not have any problems locating parts at all.

GV parts are not that easy to find online as they are not exported and sold under their own name in every part of the world. ie. Cage is known as the XTM Rail in US and anywhere that buys XTM cars and products from US. ME has a list of distributors on their website classified under each state. You should jump on and have a look and see where is your nearest dealer.

Where abouts are you located and what parts are you chasing?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Albury NSW. And the first things he needs are air filter, glow plugs and a new pull start.. We do have a copy of the original manual which is a great start.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am in Albury NSW. And the first things he needs are air filter, glow plugs and a new pull start.. We do have a copy of the original manual which is a great start.

air filters are common parts for all nitro cars, any brand will do the job but buy the best one you can afford, as is the glow plugs, although most people will use OS No.8, and new pull start... if it's the force 32 engine, then you need to look for a force pull start.

you will find a copy of the manual on this page here: http://www.modelengines.com.au/retail_catalogue_27/GV-CAGE_item.html?ref_cat_id=DVC

·
Registered
316 Posts
I’ve had to buy some bits and pieces for my GV a while ago.
Online, mainly from ebay chop shops, as well as HERE, they were good, but that was a while ago.

The GV cage is also branded as the XTM Rail in other countries.

·
Registered
547 Posts
try mild to wild in qld

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for all comments, we will start with all suggestions above! Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
I have found that Most shops that list GV Parts dont actually have them in stock, they just order them in on demand and as required, the more commonly broken parts will generally be in stock, and there are also quite a few parts that can be sourced from other branded models as well

OZ-RC in Geebung Brisbane stock a limited range of GV parts, they deal with Model Engines and can order parts directly if required.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have found that Most shops that list GV Parts dont actually have them in stock, they just order them in on demand and as required, the more commonly broken parts will generally be in stock, and there are also quite a few parts that can be sourced from other branded models as well

OZ-RC in Geebung Brisbane stock a limited range of GV parts, they deal with Model Engines and can order parts directly if required.
Unfortunately I've found that to be true of most brands.
Parts can be hard to source at times

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions?

Cheers guys.
Heres one in the middle mate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Unfortunately I've found that to be true of most brands.
Parts can be hard to source at times
Depends what their main selling brands are, I know in our case, we stock a large range of parts for both our primary lines and brands that we don't stock or only sell limited volume of

·
Registered
127 Posts
Depends what their main selling brands are, I know in our case, we stock a large range of parts for both our primary lines and brands that we don't stock or only sell limited volume of
The shops here in Rocky are quite happy to sell 1/5 scale but stock no parts so it's onto the internet if you need anything and then the wait begins
Hopefully as they sell more the parts situation will change

·
Registered
1 Posts
I been looking around for parts without much luck the place I bought My Cage "RIPPIT" and they initially had parts and I did bye spare wheel nuts and lower front arms and said they could get more if needed but when I rang them up just today they just said try somewhere else :confused:
I did find mild to wild in qld on eBay and found the part I was needing thanks Captain Chaos :cool: and I'm looking at the rest of what Ive found here thanks guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah we have now successfully received parts via post from mild to wild. Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
The shops here in Rocky are quite happy to sell 1/5 scale but stock no parts so it's onto the internet if you need anything and then the wait begins
Hopefully as they sell more the parts situation will change
Hey Phill.They should open up a High Speed Parts shop (lol) up there mate.then maybe more people will get into it and still have some money left in there pockets.now this comment will get it wagging.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah mild to wild rc at arana hills seem to me to be quite familiar with the cage, they even have stainless steel roll cages for it, custom made I believe.
I got my monster mamba combo from there nearly $100 cheaper then anywhere else.
I like the knowledge the boys at ozrc bring to the table tho, they are onto it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts