Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm just wondering if anyone has or knows of a good guide for a first timer to paint a polucarbonate body?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got myself a proline body. and yes i think proline are good. to an extent. where the hell is the intructions. thats right you dont get any! lame!

i looked on the site. but it wasnt much help. it gets to the part where you spray paint the shape or whatever you added.. which u ad masking tape to. so how the hell do u paint the actualy shape after u take it off? cos it will just paint over the rest of the body.. unless u paint the under body to get it right?

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
OK... I'm not sure what your question is... but Yes, all (well almost all) painting on RC bodies is done from the 'inside' of the shell.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Lol, well no bodies come with painting instructions. And yes Pro-Line have one of the best lines of lexan bodies on the market.

That guide Skidd posted is very good, helped me a lot when I started out. I also have a painting FAQ hosted on my site. It is pretty good, I didn't write it but had to finish some parts off as the owner and writer of it sort of disapeared and I lost contact with him. Link here.

All you need to make a body look good is time, patients, persistance and accuracy if your doing a more than two colour paint job.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That is over-spray protective film. That is for any paint which may get on the out side of the body while painting the inside, as you go from one side of the body to the other when painting and follow-through...not stop or start painting directly above the body. It is actually very helpful.

And no you don't paint the outside. You can but it won't be glossy nor protect yourpaint job in a rollover etc. While it is on the inside you can scratch the outside as much as you like and it doesn't actually affect the paint.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i cant find guids anywhere dunno how u do it.
maybe im typing in the wrong thing and yes im using pressure cans. i understand how to paint the under body withthe first coat AFTER ive layed out my decal masking tape. but what the best stuff to like the decal? so it seperates the main colours? also in this one hes spraying the outside!Edited by: WinterKnights

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
WinterKnights said:
also in this one hes spraying the outside!

No he's not... I agree the photos are deceptive, but he is spraying on the inside. If you look carefully at the last photo on the first page you'll see the excess lip around the bottom of the body is still on and can be seen at the top of where he has the can positioned.

Mate to be honest I'm not really sure what you are asking or looking for... we have given you three links so far that all have some great advice on how to paint your clear bodies.

Here are some more, if they help;

http://www.parmapse.com/tips.asp?a=12
http://www.diynet.com/diy/rc_other/article/0,2033,DIY_14223_2275897,00.html
http://www.cptnet.com/ken/faq.html

And if none of those suit you... then here is a whole page full of links... knock yourself out.

http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/links/links-painting.asp

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey guys can anyone help me out with airbrushing, as in anyone in
brisbane near Kuraby 4112 or websites to help me out. i dont yet have
an air brush set but i am thinking of buying one to learn. any help
will be good

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
hi this must seem like a noob question but do u paint the inside of the body or the outside...coz i thought that if u painted the outside thepaint would come off

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
minidazza said:
hi this must seem like a noob question but
do u paint the inside of the body or the outside...coz i thought
that if u painted the outside thepaint would come off
Definately paint the inside of the shell... Reason being,
exactly as you said, one roll over and say byebye to your
paintjob!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts