Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
But Does it come in Purple!?? I'll put my name down for one if ok... chat at meet.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they do come in purple, but i think these guys only sell the silver one. Could always ast them to order the purple one

·
Registered
709 Posts
yeh if in purples fer sure
the link is sayin they out of stock atm... all good but i ooc.(Out of Cash?!??) atm to... so kinda works well in both ways

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i wont have the cash for a week or so so i was thinking by the time they order them in it should be all good
. They are $115 to buy them from the supplier. go figure

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
I've got my new roll cage on and you blokes can get a look at it this weekend, I'll see how well it works before I go looking at others. Hopefully it will do the job OK.

The problem I see with the RC Solutions roll cage is that you can't put ute style bodies on the truck.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
mini-t said:
skidd you can i have seen pics of them on the stock body

Mate I gotta say I find that hard to believe. Can you find a pic? Are we talking about the same thing?

How can this cage fit inder the stock Savvy body??

·
Registered
793 Posts
i think you have to cut the bed of the ute body so the roll cage covers the bed or something like that

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the cage fits with most bodies but some serious cutting is required on some. Ill find some pics with it fitted to different bodies

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
is the bulk cage order still on.. i really like the idea of it!..

i have landed off a smaller jump just like rob, on grass though, right
on the head.. Packed it with dirt and grass.. .. dont wanna do the same
damage.. i preffer to break a shock tower (or whatever the cage is
connected to? if it does even break)!.

im in the process of making some of 2 or 3mm steel (im not sure which
one), and ive done some welding, but its really heavy... aluminium will
be much lighter, and probably stronger, coz of the design...

i was basing mine on the half back roll cage!..

husky.. toiletduck told me u were out? u wanna save up?. any 1 else , interested..

??

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Fire,

I've got one of these from MRC...

Of course the problem is that it really doen't do much for the protecting the engine from bad top down, end on landings... like Rob had.

I've given it to supayoda to see if he can modify it to protect the engine better. If it works out, then it may be just what you are looking for.
Edited by: Skidd

·
Registered
405 Posts
Skidd said:
Hi Skidd, I've got two questions for you:

1. Roughly how much was a cage like that? I've seen them rather pricey elsewhere
  2. Where does it mount to the chassis? Is it likely to transfer the
    force elsewhere and we'll be popping off bash plates every time we roll
    over?

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
jerrah said:
Skidd said:
Hi Skidd, I've got two questions for you:

1. <LI>Roughly how much was a cage like that? I've seen them rather pricey elsewhere
    <LI>Where does it mount to the chassis? Is it likely to transfer the force elsewhere and we'll be popping off bash plates every time we roll over? </LI>

Mate I bought it a while ago now... I think it was around AUD $120.

It secures at the front and back with the two screws that hold the shock tower post to the bulkhead assy. That is technically correct, but I'll get some pics here so that it makes sense.

OK then... see the top RH piece in this pic?

Well it screws to the 2 pieces (when they are assembled) on the LHS of this this pic;

So the roll cage is held by 2 of the screws that hols these parts together.

How well will it take a beating? I imagine that for all but the most severe landing it should be OK. The really bad landings will put stress through the top of the bulkhead or bottom of the shocktower. These parts are USD $10 so it's better than doing engines. Still it may be a weak point, this is one of the reasons I changed my bulkheads to aluminium ones. I must say that I haven't given it a workout yet as I pretty much gave it to supayoda straight away.

The only bother is that I am planning to put the extended chassis on my savvy and then this rollcage will become redundant.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
pics aint working

1 - 19 of 19 Posts