Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my bro and I will be catching up on the weekend (he's from out of town) and will be taking our 1/10 electric trucks for a bash. This is an open invitation to join us if you're anywhere near Eltham, the more the merrier.

When: this Saturday 24 AUG 13 from about 1pm to 3.30/4pm.
Where: the local gravel and jumps at the bottom of Pitt St (off Main Rd, south of Eltham township).
Google Maps link here: http://goo.gl/maps/52Qr8

I'm not sure that its nitro-friendly given there are all of 3 houses facing the area (and it only takes a complaint here and there before the council would respond with some sort of rules) but being the middle of the day on a weekend it would probably be ok. The neighbouring sporting grounds are well-used on the weekends too so it is possible that some of the gravel area will have cars in it, although I've been there a few times in the past on weekends and people don't really seem to use it as a car park, thankfully. The bike jumps area is still fine even if the gravel park is full, though it'd be nice to have an open area with some room for full throttle :)

If we can't use the Pitt St area for some reason I haven't got a solid Plan B in place and given my current lifestyle of running a busy small business and looking after a very busy little baby, my chances of researching Google Map potentials between now and Saturday are veeeeery slim indeed. I am hoping to knock up a small jump ramp between now and Saturday though and there is room to use that at the Eltham jumps area as well as the larger berms already in place for bikes. Have bashed there a few times in the past and it was great!

Maybe we'll see you there :high5:
Craig

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2x ramps now completed in varying sizes so worst case we have a nearby gravel area to head to instead if we have to. Looking forward to it, see you there :)

PS. Feel free to pm me for a mobile number if you want to come along and be kept up to date if we relocate nearby for some reason (unlikely). Cheers.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Looks like a good location Craig, sadly though I'm busy this weekend (as always) but will remember this spot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah its not bad at all. I'm really looking forward to getting out, I've only driven my truck 4 or 5 times ever (spent more time tinkering than driving given my current lifestyle and time demands). See you next time perhaps :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trucks and ramps are packed, batteries are charged. Weather looks great for the afternoon. Maybe we'll see you there :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts