Australian RC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
also towie,I'm not sure about this because i have not tried it,they say the life batteries have not got the punch as the lipo's.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
agreed with zoomer also you should start using lipo's, 1 battery can last over 1hr run time.
Why not just go to LiFe battery packs and eliminate the need for a regulator, 1700mah 6.6v liFe should give you close to 2 hours run time and still charges the same speed as a lipo and a lot more stable.
yes i agree but life battery are still bulky not all fit in radio boxes until they do we have to live with lipo's but don't let them get under 6.4volts.
Intellect LiFe 1700mah pack is slightly smaller in size than a 5 cell hump pack.
i can't fit hump packs in my radio box.:(
Midnight this is the flat pack I use in my nitros. It fits very well althugh the balancing plug might be bit of an effort (or you could just leave it out side the box)

Since trying this pack its all I have been running in my nitros. You can really see and feel the difference in the servo speed. Makes the quick ACE1015 even quicker. Run times are pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Bigblock,i tried it but it will not fit,i got a small radio box on my car.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
makes a 1015 run quicker lol .. good gawd, Ammos back!

Anyways, running Amain C+2 & the OS 8 plug I changed yesterday was in my truggy for 4 weeks.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
So Doc or Jammbo (hard to say which one it is) what is hard for you to understand? Higher voltage makes the servo operate quicker. Simple fact and you will see that if you look at any of the specs for just about any servo out there. Sure there is a point where the motor will burn out but it's not at 6.6V in case of the 1015. There is a huge difference in servo speed between using a 6cell Mi-MH pack and a 2S LiFe pack. Mybe you should try it before you start to driblle your usual crap.

Come one. Reply with a pic you found on the net. Its what you do best.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Guys,

I don't like where this is heading.

Remember, we encourage debate only as long as the rules are followed.

On the basis that information to the initial question has been conveyed, this thread is :closed_2:.

Cheers,

Steve

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.