Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi great site you have here.
i was wondering what is the best way to get Nitro? i do not live in town or even close to town and a town that has a R.C shop that stocks fuel. well who knows?
I am from the New England area of NSW. anyone know any shops up here? 1 hour to Armidale, 1 hour to Inverell, hour and a half to Tamworth.
I am guessing I would have to drive to get it.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Nitro fuel is classed as Dangerous Goods these days, the good news is there are heaps of road freight companies that will transport it for you, best bet would be to secure a deal on a box of 4x 4litre containers of your preffered grade nitro and have it shipped by road.

RC Hobbies would probably be able to look after you with that, most of the smaller hobby shops might not have the same access to transport, but RCH are in Sydney where most of the companies would have depots.

There was a fuel supplier on the central coast but I am not sure they are still around, havent heard a peep out of them for ages.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Towie. :)
just another quick question. What grade is best? and How long will it last?
Cheers.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hi PSEpete
if you have one close,some toyworld shops stock nitro in 1 ltr.
but it's not the Cheapest way to buy it.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
I'm in the same boat (little country town), can anyone tell me where to get nitro fuel delivered. Other than RCH.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There are lots of places that deliver fuel now. Massivemods will do it and also rchobbyzone. They both sell the same stuff as rc hobbies though (amain etc.). I personally use rchobbyzone as they are also mugen distributors. You need to buy at least 8-10ltrs though. Delivery is usually around 15 bucks to Melbourne.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
I won't be ordering anything from Massivemods anytime soon. I'll check out rchobbyzone, thanks for the reply.

It seems that rchobbyzone, Massivemods and RC hobbies might be owned by the same person. Same prices, same brands and same pics?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure you'll find their website super useful. I recommend emailing them for fuel purchases. They also do the neo+ stuff in on and off road blend.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
I did a search for rchobbyzone, clicked on it and was taken to RC Hobbies?

·
Registered
147 Posts
It comes up for me first in google when I search. Try putting a .net on the end. Any reason for not wanting to buy it from rc hobbies? They're probably closer to you. Is it for your onroad car?

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Yeah, I'm ready to run my Schumaker Fusion 28 now and my boat is almost good to go as well.

No reason other than the price concerning RC hobbies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts