Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey in a few weeks ill have 1500 bux and have decided to get a tmaxx with ampll parts, personally i hate the savage i no they are good but its mainly savage central that turned me away from them, that site is so bias that it is just not interesting, anyway does neone here have atmax if so post ur pics, mine will have a hummer h2 body with big joes, i want hard arse style,

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi buddy... same here...ill be picking my tmax up next week.

Ive started threads on which truck to get,which are the best etc... and it basically came down to this..

They ALL have good and bad points...

the main upside for me getting a tmax.. was my lhs has quite a few spares and there after sales service (from past experience) was very good.

Total cost with everything to get me up and running,inc batteries ,fuel etc was $980... NOT BAD..

I will be looking at some upgrades like skid plate..front and rear alloy replacement bars,temp gauge etc(mrc has these at a good price).

lMK HOW YOURS IS GOING..

CHEERS, STEVO

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yea T-Maxx is one of the best MT trucks out there and has a lengendary
following. It has some weakness but so does most other trucks.

That's a good buy, for $1500 you can make it one beast of a
racer. For another $1000 you can make it nearly as durable as a
Savage.

Traxxas is the best.

Brodski.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks brodski... what would you say are the first things i should replace due to weekness issues... im dead keen to resolve these before i start bashing.

cheers, stevo

·
Registered
677 Posts
Errrrrr.....

People break bulk heads, engine mounts, chassis brace (plastic), front suspension arms (in severe crashes) etc.

Those would be done well in aluminum. Hit a non bias forum such as RC
Universe or radio control zone for all the latest on the T-Maxx.

Plenty info there.

Brodski

·
Registered
439 Posts
I love my T maxx

The T maxx is great,in the 3 years I have had the Maxx the only problems I have ever had is after I put the picco .21 in.

but You will find the trx 2.5 is a pain in the arse

I know you have another thread about which mt to get, but I have got 'em all and the savage is by far the best truck.

T maxx 8 out of 10

Savage 9 out of 10

I

Genesis 6 out of 10

Rockwilder 9 out of 10

Lst Comming next weekendEdited by: nitro holic

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
It's really good to hear from someone like Nitro Holic who actually owns the different trucks.
Now that's an objective opinion (OK technically maybe not, but you get the idea).

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes.... thats the type of feedback noobs like me need..

It does seem to be pretty much the same as far as the 2.5 engine is concerned,

Hard to tune, etc... now im having second thoughts.. grrrr.

nobody in perth has savages in stock and allmost no parts available.

My lhs has a LST truck already.. it looks like a sweet unit...and seems to be more durable.. less plastic and the shocks are huge !!!

I cant remember, but 1 of our members here has 1.. any1 know who it is.

cheers lads, steve

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
ellenbrook said:
My lhs has a LST truck already.. it looks like a sweet unit...and seems to be more durable.. less plastic and the shocks are huge !!!

I cant remember, but 1 of our members here has 1.. any1 know who it is.

cheers lads, steve

The member I know of is REVREX... check out these threads...

Losi Video
http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1381

Losi / Genesis video
http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1400

Losi Vs Savage

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1402

Losi Vs Savage - rematch

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1666

·
Registered
893 Posts
O dear.. the poor old losi didnt seem to come out to well in either encounter..

Now i know there are different factors involved but the bottom line here for me is if i did purchace there losi,they told me they dont stock parts for it and no intentions of doing so... BLOODY RIDICULOUS!!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you got a visa card ?? if so don't worry - you can get all the parts over the net..

Perth RC has a fair range of savage parts- And mate, you ain't gonna chew through that many anyway.

Stop pissing about and order a Savage through MRC or RC hobbies.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
ellenbrook said:
O dear.. the poor old losi didnt seem to come out to well in either encounter..

Now i know there are different factors involved but the bottom line here for me is if i did purchace there losi,they told me they dont stock parts for it and no intentions of doing so... BLOODY RIDICULOUS!!!!

If they wont support you and your truck, then its their loss. There are plenty of places in OZ to buy over the net if you have a c card and even more in the states!

·
Registered
893 Posts
ill do as much research (or pissing about as you call it
) as is needed to get me into the best model for me at thereasonable pricewith the best after sales service (as im gonna need it).

Thanks for letting me know about perth rc.. ive sent him an email asking for price.

And for the record..THE SAVAGE 25 IS MY FIRST CHOICE !!!

CHEERS

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
ellenbrook said:
And for the record..THE SAVAGE 25 IS MY FIRST CHOICE !!!

One of the reasons I bought a savage is because I was an RC newbie (still am) and a lot of people on AUSRC had Savages. It meant that I knew if I had a problem or an issue there were Australian based people who could help me... in fact I could attend a bash session and meet them.

It's good that we are now getting a good range of expertise in the other trucks as well... REVREX and Jected are good examples of that... look at the Genesis thread to see how one member who has been through, experienced and found a solution for most of a particular truck's problems can help others who are new to it. That's the great thing about this forum. Now when I joined there were no Losi or Genesis owners... so I went with what I knew I could get help with.

It's still a pretty much Savage dominated forum... but as the other models get supported by owners on here it will make the choice harder as people espouse their model as the best.

But still... the biggest knowledge pool on this forum is the savage owners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts