Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my lhs sells the savage ss with a picco .26 for 929 $$ i'm going to get a 25 from tower for sure

i am more than happy to buy from my lhs but they must be competive not 100's of 100's more

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
How much will it cost you all up (in AUD) to airmail one in from Tower USA?

Don't forget to add in customs taxes & GST too.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mine worked out to be about $700AUS after customs, but that's with a Nitrostar S25 engine not the Pico26. AUSRC has had a fantastic time with his Pico, which appears to run cooler but produces visiblymore power..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well for 922$ from tower including airmail and 10% customs i'm getting a savage 25 rtr and a bag of goodies

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Will said:
doesnt he have a wasp? oh well i geuss there the same engine anyway

Will,

To breifly take the thread off topic... yes the Team Orion Wasp 26 is a Picco P3 Monster Power .26, as is the Ofna. Picco supplies the engines to both companies who rebrand them.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
don't forget there are some great 'hobby stores' that only sell on ebay - and they are cheap as!

Because they have no shop, no rent, no power etc they are very compeditive...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Morphy said:
... they have no shop, no rent, no power etc

Yep, no need for "customer support" if you have any troubles, no responsibility to carry parts into the future...
and if your parcel disappears in the mail, good luck.

They also pay no taxes, pay no wages, your LHS don't make anything from you... just things to think about when (1) you're trying to look for a job and (2) wondering why your LHS ain't hiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts