Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas anyone i was running 18/49 offroad and seem to keep stripping spur gear but the idea was to keep the front end down and max top speed but the tyres just squirm too much have since changed to 15/49 and still using same spurgear just remember to keep slipper clutch only quarter off fully tight not half and no more melted spurgear

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree,

18/49 is a pain with the Picco. As much as I would like to keep the front end down more, it just puts to much stress on everything for bashing purposes.

Maybe just for high speed football oval runs it would be OK.

But I was running 18/48 (GPM 48T Delrin) and have since gone back to 16/48 and love this heaps more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply hirisk what was happening when you ran the 18t and whats the difference between the delrin and the hpi gear? Im guessing you are running the three shoe clutch. what sort of run hours are you getting out of your clutch bell bearings?????? looking forward to your reply.

cheers leroy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi,

Yeap, I am running the stock S25 three shoe clutch on my Picco. It is a good set up for the money.

I have hafd about 6 to 8 litres through my Savage now, and the clutch is holding up great!!

I had a GPM Delrin 48T spur, which is supposed to be stronger, but I still stripped it. So I have now just put a standard HPI 49T Spur back on as these are cheaper, so no stress if they strip.

I did not like the 18T at all. My truck was very slow of the line and seemed to be going straight into second gear. I tried all different tunes and 2 speed adjustments, but just could not get it to run well.

The 16/49 is a great combo!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts