Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of lubrication do you guys use for the gears on your cars and trucks?

Or what do you recommend

·
Registered
660 Posts
if it is a savage it dose not need grease because the tranny gears are metal on nylon

·
Registered
405 Posts
The only thing I have greased in my Savage is my Diffs. I bought a tub
of Castrol high temp, waterproof Lithium grease (it's dark grey), and
it cost me all of $6. Super gluggy and sticks to everything.

Jerrah.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ermm.

anyways i just cleaned out my whole tl01..

washed and wiped every single piece...

and i just went to buy some grease...and didn't know there were different ones..i bought the tamiya ceremic grease...

should it be good for all my parts???is it the same as the originallittle greasetube that came with the kit?

i've got the stock tl01 diff. there are metal pieces inside the plastic diff gear...and i've got plastic gears...

and damn...all the greased parts were black...errr..so dirty...anyways...hope this new grease and clean of all car parks will make it go faster...yeahhhh...
Edited by: migoreng

G

·
cleaner car is a faster a car i reckon....

i only grease inside the diffs, i dont grease the plastic gears,

Nismo

·
Registered
332 Posts
oh riteee..

damn it...

so i don't grease anything inside the front and rear gear boxes...except in the diff??? willthere beany damage to the gears?
does greasing it do anything good? doh...why didn't u tell me that back in february???

yeah the LHS guy said he doesn't grease his gears...he leaves them dry...in his fwd mini car...or something...

how much do you put inside the diff?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
You can run them dry if you don't mind buying new full set of gears every now and again.

But best is to use a tiny smudge of Tamiya Molybedenum Grease - its the black messy smeary one, don't get it on your clothes. You just need enough to leave a grey trace on the gearteeth.

Ceramic grease is white & neat, easy to clean... but it don't hang on as well to teeth.

With TL01 put a strip of vinyl tape all the way down middle bottom of chassis to cover the crack between the 2 halves. Do this and dust will never get into the gearboxes, they'll stay clean.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yeh i would like to keep my gears for a long time...

i've onlyput some ceramic grease into the diff metal gears...and some on all gears...no where else...hmm...

any difference over time by using ceramic than molybedenum grease?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts