Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My savage changes gears alsmot instantly, when does yours change?

What would be an optimum change point - somewhere near full revs?

Have any of you changed the shift point for better acceleration (not just ppl who have changed it because of problems)?

·
Registered
332 Posts
something about tighten or looseng a screw or something?? i heard them say that last sunday...hmmmmm

my friends voneR shifts so early andanother voneS shifts later...hmmm

·
Registered
596 Posts
you can make the shift point earlier by winding in the the adjustment screw on the 2 speed. start with 1/4 of a turn at a time and reduce to 1/8th of turn when you are near the shift point you want.

my super nitro rally shifts a bit over half of max revs

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I know the mechanics of the gear box. Just wondering about your personal experiences before I jump in and muck everything up.

·
Registered
660 Posts
i have not touched mine, but i would like to know how people are effected by it

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Mine is unchanged from the factory setting and changes pretty close to full revs... I would imagine that if it's changing gears 'almost instantly' as you say, then you can only get better performance as a result of any adjustment you makefrom where it is now.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Mien was unchanged until i put the fantom in. Pore revs so i got it to change later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.