Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken posession of my new - The Gaui X7.

I have a couple of pics of it here, but I have also done a build review of it and could post that here if people are interested.

Cheers Dave.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Sweet Dave...........nice collection :thumb:,

Post the build review mate....and plenty of pics!

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow nice collection,

I take it the x7 is the 700e equivalent

should take some shots without the canopy
Thanks mate, I am a bit of a gaui fan, if you couldn't tell and there is also a quad that didn't make that pic.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet Dave...........nice collection :thumb:,

Post the build review mate....and plenty of pics!

Cheers,

Steve
Hey Steve, is there a specific place for a build review as such?

Cheers Dave.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Hey Steve, is there a specific place for a build review as such?

Cheers Dave.
Nah Dave.............Start up a new thread if you like in this sub forum and I'll make it a sticky.

Will be good reference material. :thumb:

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks sweet, and BIG!

Just an observation and correct me if I am wrong, but are the landing skids on backwards?
You wouldn't have been the first person to have asked that question of the model mate, but that is how it is in the manual.

Cheers Dave.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I put them like that on my trex 600 at first and it just looked weird. I have see na few do this by choice.

Whats the blade length on this beast? 700mm?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put them like that on my trex 600 at first and it just looked weird. I have see na few do this by choice.

Whats the blade length on this beast? 700mm?
Currently it has Dh 711 fbl blades on it and the DH stands for dominic hagele.LOL.

P.S. I won't have it flying for a couple of weeks, as I am waiting on some gear for it still.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Nice toy savvy, I too got a newy

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
not much of a fan of the gaui stuff, especially after seeing that most of the tail section off the X5 is bloody thunder tiger! copy cats!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great stuff Dave, I have my X7 sitting here ready to build, built the TDR over the weekend, it was first in line haha!

not much of a fan of the gaui stuff, especially after seeing that most of the tail section off the X5 is bloody thunder tiger! copy cats!
Interesting comment, have you tried one!!
The new Hirobo Embla is made by Thunder Tiger essentially in China but designed by Hirobo. Its a great machine as well, its number three on my list to be built after the X7!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great stuff Dave, I have my X7 sitting here ready to build, built the TDR over the weekend, it was first in line haha!

Hey mate, glad to see you got an X7, as mentioned previously, you'll find the build very easy, parts just fit together so nicely and I had no issues with my kit, with having to force bit together etc.

I only had one little issue and it's detailed in my build thread.

Some also say that the manual isn't the best, but if you've built a few helis, you'll be able to sort it out.

It will be interesting to hear of your opinion on builds between the TDR and the X7.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The TDR was a very nice build, its a simple low parts count heli. The manual was interesting though, really difficult being translated from German into English with a few imperfections that made it difficult to understand in places! Its a great thought with the TDR to think it was all machined by Jan himself essentially.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.