Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a hole in my fuel tank at the back in line with the shock mount (like the shock has made the hole? but it cant move!). Had a look at some of the guards avalible and it looks like none of these would have stopped a hole here anyway????

Can you guys show me what u use? Or tell me what your thinking of getting etc...

Thanks, Glen.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I use the GPM guard but im 99% sure it wont protect the tank. Its more for looks than anything. I have craked a tank and the guard would not have helped.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Just remembered, mine cracked from the shock tower flexing and the bolt that holds the shock in caused the damage. Make sure the bolt is the right way aroind, ie the head of the bold on the fuel tank side and the nut on the back side of the truck. I patched my tank up with silicone but eventually it will break down from the fuel. Looks like a new tank is in order!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
hmmm.. did u reverse the screw for the rear shock??. im not to sure
where u mean.. but doesnt the screw cause the hole... EVEN though it
cant move? LOL...

make sure u put that screw the reverse way.. so the screw head is on
the tank side.. and the bolt is on the rear end of the truck

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow just looked again and maybe the screw did make the hole. Didn't think it could flex that much! Unfourtantly its too far gone to re-use. Will look into making something that will stop his happening again! Its only had 7 tank though it! grr

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
The new 25 tanks have an angle now to stop the screw hitting them. Youll be surprised at how much the shock tower can flex

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im with you husky regarding the gpm tank protectors, they stop flying
rock damage but apart from that ...... you really need a fuel tank
protector protector. Mine gets bent up and interferes with the throtle
linkage. The protector is off the truck now because its beginning to
split in one place and has actually snapped one of the screw hole tabs
off !!!!!! weak as .......
Edited by: Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts