Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have just started to get back into nitro. so i filled my tank up with fuel (new) left in tank with no hoses on it now its went a blue colour in like 2 days

also from 18months ago i have 5l nitro, 20l methnol, 5l castor oil, 1l &5l premixed at fuels all have been just sitting in boxes under the house in/out of sun is any of this ok? some might of been cracked to check smell.

Drum of methnol has been kept on concrete floor i shed 100% darkness

if no good for fuel can i use it for anything eg octane boost for my baja 5b

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nitro usully has a shelf life of 6-8 months so I you should chuck it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have heard that it lasts a lot less. Got a bottle of 4l and after 2 1/2 months its a different colour to then what it was new.

Get as much air out of the bottle as you can plus keep it in a dark place and it apparently has a shelf life of about 3months. And I wouldn't put it in your baja, you'd blow the head or seals.

·
Registered
715 Posts
It would last 6 months in the perfect environment for storing nitro. But most of the time it is near the 4 or 3 month zone.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have heard that it lasts a lot less. Got a bottle of 4l and after 2 1/2 months its a different colour to then what it was new.

Get as much air out of the bottle as you can plus keep it in a dark place and it apparently has a shelf life of about 3months. And I wouldn't put it in your baja, you'd blow the head or seals.

The colour changing is not really a bad thing .. its an incompatability between the alkaline base and acid bases of the nitro and dye .. If fuel is stored correctly 6 months , as stated cool dry place .. if you see the bottle has disformed , like its sucked in or expanded it may be on its way out ..

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

The colour changing is not really a bad thing .. its an incompatability between the alkaline base and acid bases of the nitro and dye .. If fuel is stored correctly 6 months , as stated cool dry place .. if you see the bottle has disformed , like its sucked in or expanded it may be on its way out ..
cool story bro .. pretend you know stuff elsewhere mkay :cell:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts