Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

Firstly - great forum! Been lurking here the last week as I contemplate my fathers day pressie! I decided on the Blade MSR to get me started and can't wait to give it a run :)

As you would all know the MSR comes with a 2nd battery as standard but I'd really like to make full use of the 4 port charger to minimise my downtime.

Secondly - :bang: .... this is me this morning after reading Stevo's "sale" post.. I only ordered my MSR yesterday morning from RC Hobbies - if only I had waited!

Anyway, the short of it is I'm after a few spare batteries and saw something like this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6-x-3-7v-150...K_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN#ht_2245wt_1137.

6 x batteries for under $15 gives me the eerie feeling of dodgy quality, but then - this is a whole new world to me and I wouldn't know a good deal if I tripped over it (or in my case, crash into it).

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Mate,

The lipos you have linked to are crap.

I've been using Turnigy's in my large helis and also the Blade MSR.

I'll PM you some details.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well - batteries aren't a problem anymore.... Just took my baby out for it's first few flights. Recorded a few but will probably never make the internet...

What I can say now is this:

1. My thumbs are NOT delicate.
2. This is going to take me ages to master
3. Number 2 is good b/c I love a challenge.
4. If the rotor blades were metal and sharp I would be dead on the floor in a pool of blood gushing from my jugular.
5. My wife's cat will never look the same again.
6. Number 5 is good 'cause I don't really like cats.
7. Don't tell the missus 'cause I shouldn't be touching it before fathers day! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Just as well #3 applies ..

And #6 i agree with as well ..

Where abouts are you ?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I've tested most of the batteries out there for the MSR and these are the best I have found

http://miniaviation.com/

I get between 6 and 8 minute flights on these

Most of the others hold nowhere near their advertised capacities

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Peter - I'm in Melbourne - northern suburbs...

@ Crusey - Thanks for that... will check them out. I hadn't thought about it until now but I have no idea how long to expect the current batteries to last - ie how many re-charges do you get from a typical mid-range battery?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.