Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

i have started pulling the fantom down and cleaning it, getting ready
for the arrival of the new bits and pieces from Fantom and I noticed
this.

The LSN seems to be sitting way to close to the spay bar. I checked my
S25 there is about a 1.5 - 2 mm gap between the LSN and the spar bar.

Does this seem odd to anyone else ?

In the picture the LSN is set to factory settings. If I am right then
this would explain why my truck was running lean but staying cool, a
ean idle mixture BUT being cooled by the HSN.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">make sure when you are screwing the lsn in as far as it goes that you have the throttle open. Otherwise you will screw the needle into the spray bar and if you damage it it will be impossible to tune
</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Dan, have they told you the replacement bit are on the way?

It would be interesting to check what the gap is on other Fantom engines, just for a comparison.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Dan, as soon as i get a chance, ill take some comparison pics of my carb lsn at different positions.</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
OK, ive checked mine and found the same thing. I have been running the fantom LSN at 4.5 turns out. At this point the lsn is still in the spray bar as yours is dan. Interesting
. Even with the needle completly unscrewed the tip is still in the spray bar. I would say the hole in the spray bar is mush wider in the fantom than in other engines.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, well at least I know to rule that out. One less thing it could be, thanks a heap husky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.