Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my tyres and rims on my Ntc3, it's the first new set as I've not had it long and found these tyres at radio models for 30 bucks for 4 with rims and inserts. http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi?application=radio(scroll down till you find 'em!) If figure they'd be fine for bashing but I still want a decent amount of gripand wear out of 'em..... I'd like to buy proline or HPI but why shell out sh*tloads until I'm racing?Edited by: Racer X

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cant find them, but im sure cheaper tyres are better for bashing, maybe pick up some venom no inserts for $15 a pair..

Nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CHeers Nismo, the set o' 4 I'm looking at are just under the hobao .21 engine if you scroll about half way down their page.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll bet! Me I'm stuck with the good ol' stock lookin accord NTC3 RTR body, but hopefully soon I'll be gettin the HPI supra shell.. That's why I'll prob get the black mesh rims from radio models even tho the rubber on them isn't slick....doh!(priceto pay for looks) not racing on them anyways, not just yet, gotta get my two speed shifting properly first, then I might hit the track....

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
MRC car partsrecently got in some great HPI tyres after i asked for a price on them..

get these if you want long lasting tyres that give good grip for general bashing', at a good price..

HPI X pattern Belted Radial tyres (26mm) and the HPI pro moulded green inserts (24mm)

They do come with inserts, but i do not use them because they are not moulded inserts. Standard inserts give too much sidewall movement, which wears the tyres quicker while giving less grip. Moulded insertshave far better sidewall support which gives increased traction + helps reduce tyre wear..

The X=patt' tyres will give great grip for general bashing, and being belted radials with moulded inserts they will last a LONG time too.. If you use the moulded inserts they do not baloon up at all..

Unfortunately i think if u put them cheap $30 for 4xtyres +rimson a nitro, they wont last long.. Usually the rubber is thin, and they give you standard inserts which also help to wear the tyres fasterwhile giving average grip.. I guess you will have spare rims if those cheaptyres dont go the distance..

X-pattern Belted Radials: Same tread design as real Yokohama sporttyres

Edited by: Oblivion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts