Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just bought my self an Rs4 Rally on ebay, and I'm after adecent beginnersESC & motor, something medium priced. Also will need a good 7.2 volt batt, and was wondering a stick or the other style radio for electric? Bear with me i havelittle knowledge about electric cars, as i have a 1/8 Rex X nitro buggy

·
Registered
335 Posts
you can get a basic Futaba two channel wheel radio for about $110

ask sir zoomer about the rest.......

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Radio choice is a personal thing I guess.

Don't know what batteries your LHS carries, most are OK. Stick with nicads unless your charger can do NiMH reliably.

Ditto motors, most are ok. All depends what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
just check the esc under $150 thread and theres some decent ones in there..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just remembered i need a pinion, also whats the best place in AUS to get this items, checked my LHS, the futabaESC was $99, i think it was a model down from the 330 one they had a 230 i think. Already got the Radio, just need an ESC, batt and pinion.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pinion:You should be able to get pinions from anywhere that at least carries Tamiya, they have some good steel ones.

Battery: From the four I have had the Team Orion 2400mah offers the best punch and runtime.

Motor: Look for say a 17t motor if your bashing, good and speed and runtime, or if your racing go with what class you want to run.

·
Registered
335 Posts
yere i think that the futaba 230 has a 19 turn motor limit, i seen a package on the frontline hobbies website and ther was a deal with that esc as well as the radio equipment pictured above, i think it was under the 2 hundred dollar mark.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a pinion gears the little gear that attach's to the motor, which drives the spur gear. Don't worry, i didn't know anything about electric cars either

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.