Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
wow.. very lengthy.. way longer then others ive read.. ill bookmark that for later reading.. seems interesting!.. cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
could you apply this to other engines say a sts 28

ahh crap the link is dead

Edited by: zero0_1one

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep link is dead, it was three years ago that I posted it though. Ill hunt around for it again

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tomorrow im going to run in my new engine and i was just wondering if a temp gun is essiential when doing the heat cycle breakin? all the guides ive read on it give temp ranges to keep the engine under/over

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Some people use it, some people don't, i have only found it to be a preference thing. Different people have different methods they follow when tuning and breaking in engines, some look at the smoke output from the exhaust, some listen to the sound of the engine etc etc

·
Registered
245 Posts
Some people use it, some people don't, i have only found it to be a preference thing. Different people have different methods they follow when tuning and breaking in engines, some look at the smoke output from the exhaust, some listen to the sound of the engine etc etc
LOL... too true... I think I asked afew bloked when I got my car a couple of months ago, and got a zillion different answers. In the end, I did a bunch of reading about, and sorted out all the common elements, and compiled my own 'very similar' method to the heat cycle method. I didn't use a heat gun, but I sure as hell got blisters on my finger tips :D

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does anyone have a working link to this manual or one similar that I can post in the 1st thread?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Hmmm, usually most of the rcdocument links work, but this one doesnt, i can't seem to find anymore, but i will keep an eye out for one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts