Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out, a base kit for a brushless Savage, but remeber Euro is pretty much 1:1 to American dollars so that is a bit expensive.

http://www.monsters-paradise-shop.de/index.php?cPath=21_29_35_174

And I know that this isn't a nitro 1/8but theres no Electric 1/8th monster truck forum, so you'l have to live with it

Also check out this for an E-Maxx,

http://home.comcast.net/~milemarkers/Axeman_-_Netscape.htm

That's in USD for anyone that's wondering.

And something for anyone to drool over if you can wait the download, so if you have broadband you have no excuse not to download it
a brushless Savage vid:

http://62.2.107.106/~beat/Dateien/BLmovie1.mpg(20mb) You'll have to save it to your hard drive for it to work.

Edited by: finny

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Yep but that is for a complete savage,that same kit to retro fit onto your own savageis retailed through RC Boys in the USA... currently going for about USD $170.00

Mmmm has someone been reading our emails do you think Sir Zoomer.

j/kEdited by: Skidd

·
Registered
761 Posts
I possibly will be getting that kit, with some german brushless motor and controller there is a thread on savage-central about it. I'm just sick of nitro it takes ages to start, the damn one way bearing is rooted and gives me hell and if it was electric i could plug it in and hoon off.

Also, with my savage if i make it electric im also going to be lowering to give better handling and ect ect.

In a way, i am thinking of making a 1/8th Stadium Truck outta my savage.

It will be lowered, brushless for instant power and speed and will have heaps better handling than a standard savage.. or thats what im hoping for anyway

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i heard there's an electric savage on its way out???

·
Registered
689 Posts
there was someone that did their own conversion into a electric had a brushless system in it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I've heard about that one - i was talking about an actual HPI release of an electric savage - i dont know how much truth there is to it, but a mate of mine was at a hobby shop the other day, and said he was looking at a magazine review of a HPI electric savage???

It could quite possibly be someone's personal project, as i didn't see it myself - although my mate seems pretty headstrong that it was an actual HPI release - i dunno, i haven't been able to find anything about it on the net yet, but if i do i'll be sure to post a link

Anyone else heard or seen anything bout it??

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Nah, its probably one of the existing personal conversions - plenty of those around.

HPI aren't too well known for showing off any unreleased items prematurely.

Savage is probably as BIG max as you'd want any electric RC car to be, any bigger and its probably too impractical to be charging multiple packs etc.

One could always RC an electric wheelchair, I guess... or an GM EV1.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
....electric savage?

why not just put 4 egg beaters on it instead of wheels and call it a
blender? waste of time really. the thing weighs a ton and you are going
to need at least 2 brushless motors and a whole bunch of current.

but then again, i dont do electric and have absolutely no idea where im coming from

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
um WRONG a electric engine is faster andmore power full then a 21 - 28 engines. i hav see so many movies of a E-Savage and is incredable fast and tourqy.

the constant power delivery to a electric engine is far better. it is there in an instant.

oh and cost nothing in the long run.

i hav movies so ask for em and ill send em

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
just come on msn yahoo or icg and ill send vids. since most are big. but i hav a pulling vid between a E-savage and a nitro savage. then ull see!

·
Registered
397 Posts
are the e-savages any good as in do the batteries last long? does it goes as fast as a normal savage?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i would say u get the same time out of 1 battery as and 2 tanks of fuel. about 20-30mins

1 - 16 of 16 Posts