Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have just bought a cheap $35venom Fireball 15t motor. After running a few packs through it its performance seems to have declined a bit. I pulled out the brushes and cleaned the bell end. I noticed that the commutator is somewhat scored.The marks arenot deep and feel smooth. Is this normal???

Also the timing of this motor can be advanced..... is it a good Idea to mess around with the timing. Are performance gains noticeable? I understand advancing the timing lowers run times and increases heat??

Thanks in advance guys....I am kind of dubious about the quality of this motor cos its so cheap....is it any good?? Anyone tried one???

·
Registered
332 Posts
you should have searched

and seen my threads about the hell i've been through with this motor...brushes...and comm and crap...and motor springs...

yeah i bought mine for $35 too at LHS

hobbyco.com.au has it for $29...i need a $5 train ticket anyway so blah...

stock brushes only lasted 5 daysx 20 mins for me until i noticed my motor would stop working...i pulled the springs out abit to loosen any dirt...the next day my motor stopped...opened the a motor for the first time and 1 brush was full worn that the other...

i bought some fantom brushes after..god damn they lasted not even long...

it was my first motor...after using the stock silver can...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts