Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

some guys here in croatia put small coolers like on computer graphic card...smal fan,smaller than fan on processor...

they connected it directly to 7.2v battery and said that it works unbelivable

they said they run corally 17t motor with ratio 6.5 and it burned out after 1 battery

then they put that little fan and make even smaller ratio...5.8 and drove 5 batts and nothing...

is that possible?

please write down yr opinnions...

regards to zoomer

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Some fellas are trying out Schottkys between the 3 poles on the armature now...

Yeah you need a 5V fan to give good air speed. Blow it onto the brushes end of the motor.

But I'm finding it very hard to buy 5V fans at a decent priceeg <$20; I bought mine off a friend (thanks Cookie!!) who posted in a couple.

12V 30-40mm fans are cheap, cheaper if you yank them off computer accessories but 5V is not as common in PC use.

·
Registered
596 Posts
SIB do motors with the diodes on the 3 poles already. they use a MVP as the base motor. the motor does actually run cooler though the problem is the diodes have a nasty tendancy of falling off and ususally a peak revs. a few of the guys a precc have run them in the past.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Yeah, everyone so far has been only "adding" them onto a already-manufactured motor. But Big Jim is doing it to the armature blank *before* he handwinds them, they're not just tacked onto the top.

btw adding them to STOCK motors is illegal...
only legal on mods.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey all,

I have just purchased two magnetic mayhem moors and a super rooster esc
for my txt 1. Being a reversable esc I cant use schotty diodes, so for
cooling would you just suggest the use of fans ?

I have seen heat sinks avaiable for the electric motors, how effective would these be ?

regards

dan

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dan said:
I have seen heat sinks avaiable for the electric motors, how effective would these be ?

the tamiya one seems to work well on my TB01 its about $18

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.