Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked one up new and real cheap. problem is the instructions are in japanese. anyone know how to use it? I don't want to risk blowing it up just yet.

as far as i can tell i need to hook it up to a 12v powersupply and select NiMH for 6 cell gp 3300

line up the + terminal on the battery to + marker on the discharger.

Which of the 8 screw down tabs do i use to secure the battery?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
jiggen5354 said:
Which of the 8 screw down tabs do i use to secure the battery?

ALL of them.

If its what I'm thinking, you should have 7 points of contact with the battery (5 battery bars + the 2 ends) to the discharger.

Its for discharging each cell individually until each one reaches 0.7/0.8/0.9V right?? (That'll becalled a "tray".)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found instructions for it here: http://integy.automated-shops.com/SP_Discharger_1485.pdf

you do screw down on all the screws. This thing is easy to use. I use my cdc to take the batteries down at 20 amp and then I put them on the tray. There are 6 led's, onefor each cell. The go out and the relay clicks when each cell is pulled down to 0.9v. I did notice I could get more charge into the battery after putting the battery on the tray as well. best 100 bux i spent

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Yeah, one of these:

Someone said it doesn't matter what polarity your batteries go in, it'll handle them.

jiggen5354 said:
...I did notice I could get more charge into the battery after putting the battery on the tray as well. best 100 bux i spent

hehe... only because you've drained them more. Doesn't mean you'll get more energy out of it.

The "bucket's only so big" and it don't get any bigger just by discharging deeper.

I only equalise cells every so often, too lazy otherwise.

And... if you go to Dick Smithsbuy a bag of croc-clip jumper leads then get a handful of dress pins... you can stick 5 pins into stick packs + battery connector, jumper the 7 pointsto the tray and you can do stick packs too.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep. also notice that the 2 end cells dis charged faster than the 4 in the centre. does this mean the 2 end cells are working harder?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
nah, can't happen. All cells are part of the same circuit in the car, current that goes thru one cell goes thru all.

Its probably something to do with the discharger. Maybe its got higher discharge current on the end 2 cells... can't say without deciphering the circuitry.

There's no noticeable difference between 6 cells on a normal tray, not unless there's a bad cell somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts