Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. Wattz and I have been really busy lately so our video production has been taking a lot longer than usual.

In this episode, I give a brief update on the status of my E REVO brushless. Back from the dead with a new Mamba Monster 2 (waterproof edition), it has been out in the snow bashing around and having a great time.

We hope you take the time to check out our channel and latest video. Please leave a comment and let us know what you like and don't like about what we are up to. Don't be shy about clicking the 'subscribe' button either!

·
Registered
229 Posts
We are all looking forward to the next running videos with more canine performances! Im now building a summit with an sc8 wp and 2000kv motor I love the e-revo too but am more interested in hitting more creek and river bank style terrain lately. I have been on holiday in Tasmania all week and am so jealous of the landscape here its like australias canada, not a flat spot to be found so much hills ranges rivers creeks and forest its incredible wish I had an rc!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
had a quick flick through, looking forward to seeing it going

what was that stuff u covered the batterys in? what other options are there for waterproofing batteries?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had a quick flick through, looking forward to seeing it going

what was that stuff u covered the batterys in? what other options are there for waterproofing batteries?
Hey RoBB™, thanks for the question.

If you haven't already seen this running video, check it out:

As for my batteries, it was GE Silicon (Clear) for Kitchens and Bathrooms. In Canada and the USA we call it caulk or caulking, not sure about in Australia. It's for filling seams between counters and tiles, or around sinks and showers. I put three thin layers letting it dry in between. In the summer, if my batteries get to hot I will probably peel it off and then just seal up around where the wires exit the pack, and maybe a little at the other end.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We are all looking forward to the next running videos with more canine performances! Im now building a summit with an sc8 wp and 2000kv motor I love the e-revo too but am more interested in hitting more creek and river bank style terrain lately. I have been on holiday in Tasmania all week and am so jealous of the landscape here its like australias canada, not a flat spot to be found so much hills ranges rivers creeks and forest its incredible wish I had an rc!
Thanks FreshMeat™!

The summit has a few features that I am jealous of for sure. But I guess my desire to go fast beat out my desire to crawl and trail.

I really hope I can get out there and run it again soon. Need to have my wife available for camera work too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
cool video, thats one brave missus you have there and for all the action to come away with just a busted spur and bumper is a decent run. I want a revo now, heck I always have!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Also, a replacement bumper option you may want to consider would be the tbone racing 3pce basher bumper for some extra protection

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks FreshMeat™
I will look into that tbone bumper, I think I have seen em before... nice wide, full-coverage deals (if I remember right).
Glad you liked the video ;)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Nice, what's with the torch on the top?

Looks pretty dam cold there

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, what's with the torch on the top?

Looks pretty dam cold there
Hey RoBB, thanks for the comment... yeah it has been a cold spring so far. But it is turning for the better as you will see in my latest video, if you get a chance to check it out.

As for the torch, just messing around really... I like to take it out at night a lot and I wanted to see how well it would light things up. A friend of mine gave it and the mount to me (he uses them for airsoft games).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Time for some rebuilding and upgrades:

Needs a new chassis, new rear bulkhead, new bearings, new diff housing...

I want to get a chassis brace, metal driveshafts (for the centre, at least), rpm rear bumper, new wing/mount, etc...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts