Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between one of the two, considering they cost about the same. E Revo would have the TQi radio, not too sure about the E Maxx. Any thoughts? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd say E revo if you want to go fast, Summit if you want to conquer tough terrains. I'd say no to E-maxx, not the toughest truck around.

Or, also have a look at Savage Flux and thunder tiger MT4 G3 (currently hard to find, new one coming out soon), they are both very tough

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say E revo if you want to go fast, Summit if you want to conquer tough terrains. I'd say no to E-maxx, not the toughest truck around.

Or, also have a look at Savage Flux and thunder tiger MT4 G3 (currently hard to find, new one coming out soon), they are both very tough
I'm considering a Savage Flux HP, but frankly I don't think I need something that does standing flips.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm considering a Savage Flux HP, but frankly I don't think I need something that does standing flips.
Haha, yeah it is a beast. I think you can just run it in 4S configuration instead of 6S for less flipping power, and also cheaper batteries. Just that from what I've seen, the Savage is one tough truck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, yeah it is a beast. I think you can just run it in 4S configuration instead of 6S for less flipping power, and also cheaper batteries. Just that from what I've seen, the Savage is one tough truck
The Savage has been at the back of my mind for some time. When I got my first truck, a Slash, I remember running against a friend's Savage and it was just amazing. Figured it's time for something a little faster? :p

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts

I disagree, I have had 2 emaxxs and would buy another. They are tough and I launched mine off big arse jumps and skate parks and never broke anything.

I would say erevo though as I havnt had one and do want one one day.

Buy the brushed version and upgrade to brushless later

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I disagree, I have had 2 emaxxs and would buy another. They are tough and I launched mine off big arse jumps and skate parks and never broke anything.

I would say erevo though as I havnt had one and do want one one day.

Buy the brushed version and upgrade to brushless later
Not sure, I drove a brushless E Revo, I reckon the extra money is worth it. I've also driven the E Maxx and I liked that too, only thing is I'm hearing a lot of horror stories about how the bulkheads are weak as ****. You've never broken those? Suppose it's just how hard you're jumping it.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
My vote would be for the e-revo. I've hopped up an e-maxx just about as far as one can go, have spent god knows how much on it and to be honest selling it will probably be a big issue as not many people want to buy them. I'd go the e-revo. More expensive outlay but cheaper in the long run for a tough and fun truck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My vote would be for the e-revo. I've hopped up an e-maxx just about as far as one can go, have spent god knows how much on it and to be honest selling it will probably be a big issue as not many people want to buy them. I'd go the e-revo. More expensive outlay but cheaper in the long run for a tough and fun truck.
To be honest, I'm leaning towards the E Revo at this stage.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Nope sorry. They don't need any :p

Upgrade servo
Alloy servo horn
Alloy steering bellcrank arm
Rpm arms.
Swaybars
Traxxas tubes
Bout all they need really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have to agree with B-Money. My Emaxx has taken a lot of work and upgrades and expense to get to the "one tough son-of-b......." state it is now, and I am really getting some enjoyment out of it. I'm now recently running 6S in it and have had the most horendous high speed crashes and really amazing never-ending-cartwheels and the most that has happened is a tie rod end ball joint jumping off, or pulling out.

But as I said, it has taken a big effort to get it to this stage of reliability and toughness.

Jon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to agree with B-Money. My Emaxx has taken a lot of work and upgrades and expense to get to the "one tough son-of-b......." state it is now, and I am really getting some enjoyment out of it. I'm now recently running 6S in it and have had the most horendous high speed crashes and really amazing never-ending-cartwheels and the most that has happened is a tie rod end ball joint jumping off, or pulling out.

But as I said, it has taken a big effort to get it to this stage of reliability and toughness.

Jon
The way it's going, I'll be getting the E Revo, hop ups might have to wait though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope sorry. They don't need any :p

Upgrade servo
Alloy servo horn
Alloy steering bellcrank arm
Rpm arms.
Swaybars
Traxxas tubes
Bout all they need really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was about to quote the same.

And as for upgrades, leave it stock and upgrade stuff when it brakes.
RPM arms are a must. I broke a rear, emailed RPM.. sent it away and they replaced it free of charge.

First thing i did to my 3.3 revo was ditch one of the 2075 servos and just use a single 2075 for steering. Have currently upgraded to a savox with 3x the torque and WOW.

Only thing i would add to the upgrades list is wheels/tyres. The stocks work ok for bashing around, but the VTR/Calibur's i have are amazing at the track (half the weight of the stockers), and im keen to get some road rages just for the occasional street bash

·
Registered
184 Posts
Problem with E revo (IMO) is they have weak axles and diffs compared to Savage flux. 4s is quite good on the flux but still heaps and heaps of power. I have even considered running two 3s in parallel for double the run times and alot more controllable truck, Very few mods are "needed" for the HP to make it one seriously tough truck. If you want something that handles and is extremely tough i would not look past the Thunder tiger MT4 G3 a mate has one and it is an absolute beast of a truck, tougher than all the trucks mentioned here and awesome handling, im not sure if the handling is as good as the Erevo but its miles tougher and you will end up fixing it alot less than the traxxas.
I have a summit and that only runs brushed motor and its supposed to have the best traxxas axles and i still break them heaps just playing in the back yard. I have also replaced about 3 diffs over the last 10 battery packs, this is why i recommend the savage over the traxxas. Summit is a completely different truck to the others mentioned. It is more of a trail truck/mild crawler than a racer or basher. It is a huge amount of fun though just not that fast and not that durable. It would spend 70% of its life broken waiting for parts etc. Run a couple packs and itll break again. And its a mongrel to work on(same as erevo), massive job to get the diffs out considering how often they break.
Just my 2cents worth, some wont agree this is just what i have found.
Simon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts