Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of photos of Dan's TXT-1 crawling a drain near
Toombul shopping centre in Brisbane. The rocks looked quite easy at
first, but the large gaps between the rocks coupled with sharp angles
proved to be more of a challenge than expected.
A short video is also available.









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
hehe, crawling is kool!!!





dan: my xfactor is going ALOT better with 4 wheel stter and locked diffs!! it is very similar to a txt 1 now at crawling!! gotta lengthen my wheel base to 16 inches now



jerrah: so wheres your pics
Edited by: X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
X, how does the inside of a Xfactor diff compare to a TXT-1 diff?

I haven't got my TXT-1 diffs near me atm to check, but I'm interested by the idea of reversing the spider gears like you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
hmm..well the X diff has a little diff center..which has 4 spider gears....but i think the Txt's have 3 spider gears?? i have never seen inside a txt diff..i just crawl with my friend (he also has a txt)


theres like 6 txt's up here now!and 2 clods and 1 xfactor



we should all get together one day!


i think u will have to glue the diff though!! thats what my friend did...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
X said:
i think the Txt's have 3 spider gears?? i have never seen
inside a txt diff..i just crawl with my friend (he also has a
txt)
I thought you built his TXT-1 in exchange for McDonalds?
Yep - TXT has a 3 spider gear configuration.


x said:
theres like 6 txt's up here now!and 2 clods and 1 xfactor
Unfortunately my TXT is only 1/50th of a TXT, but I hope to get a significant part of the building complete tonight.





X said:
i think u will have to glue the diff though!! thats what my friend did...
Well I have the kneed it on hand, I just want to see if there is a
different or better way to accomplish everything. I'm thinking it might
be a good idea to attach some kind of weights to the insides of the
front wheels to keep the front end down.
Not sure what I'd use yet
though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
microfan said:
that musics cool
I just used the music that comes as 'sample music' with Windows
XP. I quite like classical music, and it offends less people than if I
used a specific band I would normally listen to at the pc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X said:
jerrah: so wheres your pics
Well
my crawler doesn't have any wheels or motors connected to anything, so
I figured it would be more entertaining to take photographs of a TXT-1
that was prepared earlier.




I hope to have it moving under its own power by next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
jerrah said:
X said:
i think the Txt's have 3 spider gears?? i have never seen inside a txt diff..i just crawl with my friend (he also has a txt)
I thought you built his TXT-1 in exchange for McDonalds? Yep - TXT has a 3 spider gear configuration.


x said:
theres like 6 txt's up here now!and 2 clods and 1 xfactor
Unfortunately my TXT is only 1/50th of a TXT, but I hope to get a significant part of the building complete tonight.



X said:
i think u will have to glue the diff though!! thats what my friend did...
Well I have the kneed it on hand, I just want to see if there is a different or better way to accomplish everything. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to attach some kind of weights to the insides of the front wheels to keep the front end down.
Not sure what I'd use yet though.




yup..i built his txt..but he had already done the diffs..i done al lthe frame..links..motors and gearbox and all that...so yeh i didnt look inside his diffs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a look at my diffs - reversing the spiders is not an option. Time to Kneed it.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top