Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is taking straight out of my august edition of rc car

It's cool,but sad.I was talking to IMEX model company the other day and found out that the u.s military uses there jumbo-kong tires on a fleet of tmaxx's.Thats pretty cool.But they use the tmaxx's for mine sweeping duties,and eventully end up in 1 million pieces.Well atleast some soldier gets to have some fun with a tmaxx before its blown to smithereens.Maybe the person will get hooked on rc and start racing monster truck when they get back home.Do you think he will have an unfair anvantage because of his mine sweeping experience?For more informationon IMEX,call (352) 754-8522

Well i spose its the only thing there good for
BTW i pissed myself laughing when i read this.

·
Registered
709 Posts
hmm rather pointless really huh! shouldn they be usin mini t's as theyd b cheaper!?
final word, strange topic name..Mine'd The Tmaxx maybe!?

·
Registered
709 Posts
lmao i seen that to ozdork, weird huh, by addin sheers on the front huh... like two forks crossing each....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Oi my first RC was a T-Maxx.....that thing was awesome, lay off the jokes.

MnB

Edited by: milknbutter

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yeh dont dout the Tmaxx it has a few problems but is a great truck. there are things u need b4 u can really do stuff with it just like the Savage. so i would rate it up there with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ozdork said:
I seem to recall that one of the US Mags is modding a T-Maxx to be used as a remote control lawnmower ......

Yeah, that was in RC Driver (the best US magazine IMO) but it was an E-maxx, not a T-Maxx

·
Registered
472 Posts
hahaha i reckon the whole tmaxx idea is kinda funny (sorry to tmaxx lovers but i dislike em
) but yeah someone said use mini t's cos they are cheaper...but they have a few main problems. for starters they are too small and would get stuck on anyhting and everything..hence monster truck plus kongs....also a pack prob lasts ten mins..ive seen a tripple tank tmaxx b4 so i spose that thing could got for say 40 mins..like to see u do that with an elec

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL i thought the yanks had sniffer dogs they used.I spose they got attached to the dogs and eventully the dogs would get blown up.Also i bet that its alot cheaper to use a tmaxx for this duty.As the dogs require training,food,shelter a handler....etc.

Well personally i could never think of a way that good to get rid of that unwanted car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
so i spose that thing could got for say 40 mins..like to see u do that with an elec

It's been done, a brushless T4 with a 4800mah li-poly batt, I just had to spoil your fun

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
"Milspec" don't have a definition for cheap-n-nasty. Anything "consumer" grade would already be cheap-n-nasty for the military.

·
Registered
222 Posts
it would have to be reasonably heavy too me thinks... anything too light wouldnt trigger a land mine to go off would it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
thats another good point..would even a tmaxx be heavy enough?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it is i was watching a thing on foxtel about landmines.If there ap(anti personal a tmaxx would make em good off),If there at(anti tank) they need like 100kg of pressure to set off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey the savage would be heavy enough for sure!

Besides, they're indestructible aren't they?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Was watching one of those Attenborough documentaries about lions in the Kalahari, and they built a "rock cam".

It was a T-Maxx with a fibreglass "rock" shell, with a movie camera mounted on top. The electric start was wired for remote-starting with an on-board battery - very neat!

(it could also shut down the engine remotely... dunno how they did that. Can't film whilst the engine is running - too much vibrations.)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I dont know of to many mines that could go off on the sort of pressure
that a tmaxx would put down. Then again - theres alot of dodgy ass
countries out there building mines that will explode with the weight of
a child...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts