Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah charging my racing pack battery now for the 2nd time and it is slow charging...green light

yesterday charging for the 1st time had the quick charge on...red light...and after 40 mins the green light comes on

can someone explain how this charger switches charge modes? the paper intructions don't make sense...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
The charger is fully automatic... no buttons to press, nothing needed. One line Instructions:---> It should go Red when you plug in the battery, then wait until it goes Green when it Peak-Detects and goes into trickle charge to 'maintain' the peak (= ready to use).

The only time it doesn't go red is if it doesn't know a battery is connected. This could be that your battery is completely flat = Zero voltage.If you leave it on the trickle for a little whilt the battery should pickup some voltage, enough to trigger the Red quickcharge.

So if don't go Red, maybe just unplug the battery & replug it back in.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah my charger has the car battery connectors too...

is the charge time still the same as a powerpoint?

the charger has a 40 min cut off to trickle normal charge.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Yep, works exactly the same from 12V DC. (But don't use the charger whilst the car engine is running though - it might get confused by the alternator. That's why they gave you battery clips and not a cigar lighter plug.)

No, don't know what happens if you try plugging both 12V DC and 240V AC at the same time. And I won't be trying it too soon either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts