Australian RC Forums banner

Crappy Glow Ignitor..

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Star Guitar 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had their glow ignitor constantly pop off the glow plug.. and pop off when the pullstart is pulled?

Mine does this and i have no idea how to fix it and its a pain in the ass as it never stays on.

#3 ·
Mine is a trinity one with a spring in between the battery holder and the other thing..

Ive had it since december last year, and has been acting up for quite a few months now and i have no idea why..Edited by: Star Guitar

#9 ·
Yes it is the Trinity Glo-Niter Deluxe Kit.

How would that make the ignitor itself fall off the engine?

Whenever the engine cranks over it moves a bit until it falls off and also is hard to get it to sit on in the first place.

#13 ·
nick, i know how much of a pain in the ass that thing is...ur best bet would be what mike said and to slightly bend it...if u can wait till the 15th and get one of the guys at the bash day to do it cos they will prob know what they are doing more than me n u...but yes i agree its a pain in the bung hole

#15 ·
I've said it before but my Duratrax ultra cheapie twist on D cell glow
starter has worked perfectly for me every time for over six months now,
and because I use a large capacity rechargable in it I have plenty of
charge to start my truck all day with charge to spare to start other
people's trucks whose glow starters have gone flat.

If a D cell is too large for you there is a C cell version as well.

#18 ·
Morphy said:
I have a c cell version and HATE it. crappy POS. Chews
through normal c cells in no time...
What sort of cells are you
using in it? I can't imagine that it should use the battery any faster
than any other brand because it's the glow plug that consumes the power.

I use a 5000mAh rechargable Nicad in my D cell, and I've never run out
of charge and I usually go for a couple of days bashes between charges.

#19 ·
My battery seems to only last maybe a day of starting, maybe two days and on the second itd be flat after a few hours. I'm not sure if its a D cell or a C cell but its the from the Trinity Glo-Niter kit, yes that shiny blue one.

#20 ·
nick, from what i member its a C cell. i had the c cell version of the elcheapo above and I LOVED IT
was one of the best rc investments i bought. one thing..stear clear of the elcheapo crazy clark $2 c cell batts they are useless and only last 10 or so starts..invest in a decent rechargeable as energisers are just too expensive. also as it was cheap and easy to replace i vented all my rc frustration at it...have you seen a glow ignitor fly over a 2 story house followed by fowl words...i have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.