Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some NiMH AA rechargeable batteries from my LHS...

they are lime green - doesnt have a brand name on it.

anyway when i use them in my remote... my remote doesnt work... i take it back to my LHS and he said that maybe the batteries are too strong and is fking up the signal....

anyway i think the real problem is that the batteries are slightly undersized,,,, the tip on the +ve side is a bit too small.... bad design i think....

i have to rotate the batteries around to a certain position and then try to keep it in the same position for my controller to work.

they work in my reciever in the car... coz that unit it pretty tightly packed.... but it jsut the remote it doesnt fit that well...

i also put it in a friends remote... and it doesnt work in his one aswell...

anyway..... beware of buying these crappy batteries from your LHS..

G

·
thats weird...

i got some AA nimh batts, brand ones...DYNACHARGE

and they are actuall a bit fatter than normal batts...

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
KyoshoKev said:
anyway i think the real problem is that the batteries are slightly undersized,,,, the tip on the +ve side is a bit too small.... bad design i think....

No it is not a "bad design", more like a Stupid Hobby Shop.

They sold you "commercial" batteries, cells that are designed to be made into battery packs. These have smaller buttons at the +ve terminal.

"Consumer" batteries meant for loose use have a higher-profile button, but this extra height is really only an extension part on top of the same cell.

You can fix yours by putting a blob of solder on the +ve top, or add a bit of solder braid too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zoomer said:
KyoshoKev said:

You can fix yours by putting a blob of solder on the +ve top, or add a bit of solder braid too.

EXCELLENT SUGGESTION!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.