Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows, i bought my savage direct from the states. I would have only run it about 1.5 hrs tops ( its only a month old). When i was cleaning it I noticed a big crack along the motor housing. Would this be covered by warranty? Where would i send it in oz?

Not happy. Are these trucks normally robust?

Any help is better than no help

SAVAGE ****

·
Registered
761 Posts
The truck itself is very durable, although the force .25 engine (rebranded HPI) seems to be pretty weak.. mainly the crankcase area.

It would be still in warrenty period, although because you bought it from USA then im not sure how they will go with that. I have dealt with Pro-Line in USA and they were fine about it, although im not sure how other companies deal with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Star,

Since i have got my truck i have replaced 2 one way bearings 2 spur gears and 2 clutch bell gears. All inside a month. Maybe mine was built late friday afternoon.

Any help is better than no help

SAVAGE ****

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ive had mine about 9 months, ive broken now 4 pullstarts, im sure 3 or 4 spur gears, 1 13 tooth pinion, replaced countless screws and all that other crap. Its a hobby, and itll happen.

2 one way bearings? wow that must of been expensive for you.. i got mine fixed by Dan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One way bearings are fairly cheap only about $20 each. Cheaper than the clutch bell. Why dont you use the roto start system?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Less to carry around.

Yeah they are, but 20 dollars a pop can get expensive.. and in Aus their like 30 - 50 dollars depending on the bearing itself or a complete.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
SAVAGE **** said:
Just wondering if anyone knows, i bought my savage direct from the states. I would have only run it about 1.5 hrs tops ( its only a month old). When i was cleaning it I noticed a big crack along the motor housing. Would this be covered by warranty? Where would i send it in oz?

Unless you can prove that the crack was due to manufacturing error and not user damage, it won't be a warranty job.

HPI has a engine swapover policy - you send in the remains of your donk with US$99 and they send you a new one. But that's only for US residents... do you have a mate with a US address who can act as a go-between?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
If you know someone in the states, do as zoomer mentioned. I have seen
NS-25 engine crank cases crack and fracture in trhe past couple of
months. I also read that in the states many more people have the same
problem. Personally i wouldn't do the engine swap. I would go for a new
engine, something cheapinsh like a mach 26 or an XTM 24.7, or maybe
even an OS 21.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
dont think anyone has seen one in person, but Skidd has done ALOT of research on them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANKS ZOOMER AND HUSKY

AS A MATTER OF FACT MY MUM LIVES IN ALABAMA. THATS WHY MY CAR WAS DIRECT FROM THE STATES.

I HAVE BEEN CHECKING OUT THE TRUCKZILLA KITS I THINK THATS WHERE MY MONEY WILL GO.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
As Husky says... a few of us Melb MT bashers have directly seen a few cracked cases recently and most HPI sellers will tell you that it isn't uncommon.

Personally, if I had a contact whose postal address I could use in the USA... I would pay the $99 and get a replacement S25. Mine went pretty well for a stock motor and I would have been happy to run it longer.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Star Guitar said:
Less to carry around.

Yeah they are, but 20 dollars a pop can get expensive.. and in Aus their like 30 - 50 dollars depending on the bearing itself or a complete.

where did you get 30-50 dollers from for a one way bearing?? i paid $20 for mine..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mr Toys first said to me a one way bearing is $50 dollars, and recently ive asked and they have said about $30 for the bearing itself.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Star Guitar said:
Mr Toys first said to me a one way bearing is $50 dollars, and recently ive asked and they have said about $30 for the bearing itself.

nick what do you expect for a toyworld shop!! they are always dear!! goto a hobby shop!! braze paid $99 for his hpi rubicon boddy from toyworld!! whereas monster truck parts australia sell them for $45-50...scrap toyworld nick and goto a real shop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.