Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any tracks being operated as a commercial venture around the country? With a peramanent track (maybe indoors) that people can roll up to and drive on at any time (for a fee) have races at etc etc

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ryper hobbies is in the process of setting up tracks at thier hobby shop here in WA. the plan is to get a offroad, onroad track up and running. at they haee a indoor mini track nearing completion.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK

so maybe its not that commonly done thing... i guess there isnt big enough call for such a facility to make it financially viable, specially here in Slowbart... hmm

But my idea is for a rc track that also has other things, maybe some hypersimulators and stuff like that.

Edited by: azenis

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
We have "Melbourne Track & Hobby" in Hoppers Crossing, a suburb about 20km west of CBD.

Its got a hobby shop in a big ex warehouse, with half the shed being a indoor track at the back. Outside used to be 1/2 offroad and 1/2 onroad but recently they've paved over the whole lot to be a onroad track to suit 1/8ths.

The indoor track is quite technical & narrow and its lined with PVC pipe, so its quite damaging on impacts.

Went to visit it today, looks good but the new track is still quite narrow.
The lanes are lined with concrete kerbs...!

(yes yes yes, there is an LHS onsite. Would be good if they stocked stuff worth buying though... I walked out emptyhanded - very rare. Had to go down the road to Ray's Outdoor for retail therapy.)

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
zoomer said:
We have "Melbourne Track & Hobby" in Hoppers Crossing, a suburb about 20km west of CBD.

Its got a hobby shop in a big ex warehouse, with half the shed being a indoor track at the back. Outside used to be 1/2 offroad and 1/2 onroad but recently they've paved over the whole lot to be a onroad track to suit 1/8ths.

The indoor track is quite technical & narrow and its lined with PVC pipe, so its quite damaging on impacts.

Went to visit it today, looks good but the new track is still quite narrow.
The lanes are lined with concrete kerbs...!

(yes yes yes, there is an LHS onsite. Would be good if they stocked stuff worth buying though... I walked out emptyhanded - very rare. Had to go down the road to Ray's Outdoor for retail therapy.)

That sounds interesting Zoomer... is it worth the drive from Olinda to have a look? What's the off-road track like?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Skidd. I also HAVE to use(that is use due to products they dont stock-ie: mini t(they say when i brought)-"Oh yeah we have heaps of spare parts) 4 weeks later and still no fone call, i ended up demanding an explanation an made them take the part off their demo car.) long story. They dont have their DIRT track anymore
. But the out door track looks fun AND dangerous.

As fer a trip from olinda.....nah man wasteing the juice!! stick with Mr Hobbyman in dandy
see Davin or Gino, they'll sort u out
(top blokes){Hi if they read this}--do i get a freebie!? ANYWAY!

conclusion tomy post is just that Hoppers Dont have theirDIRT track no more, they got an large outdoor rc, indoor rc, large slotcar track, and mini t track outside.-which looks the most fun inho.-but thats just me...

DOH!-broke my pullstart! went to start for first time in 2-3 weeks an it fired...died. i pulled....(the pullstarter)...n..it broke

Anybody got a pullstarter for a s25 4 sale!??or rotostart? i got a reverse mod an servo.....hint hint... sure could work somethin out! lmao.

hey if i get a roto-start....eleci/batt. drill can b used with low torque setting??

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zoomer

sounds just like what i am thinking of but with a track that damages ur car (good for sales of spares in the shop though i guess
)

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
The proprietor of the joint spent a couple 100 Gs doing it... plus he's a tradie in that line of work too (concreting & tarmac prep) with his own machinery, so all that $$is 'cost' only.

Easily $500k if you start something decent from a greenfields site.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
zoomer said:
The proprietor of the joint spent a couple 100 Gs doing it... plus he's a tradie in that line of work too (concreting & tarmac prep) with his own machinery, so all that $$is 'cost' only.

Man that's scarey!! I guess if you go the sealed optionfor the road cars then it gets expensive. I'd imagine it would be cheaper to push some dirt around with a bobcat and make a course for the savages.
Edited by: Skidd

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Offroad isn't all that much difference... you still gotta put in the ag pipes for proper drainage, bring in a dozen loads of aggregate & topfilland find a way pf packing down the dirt so it don't fly away with the next wind (old days used to coat the dirt with diesel+sump oil, not sureif EPAallows it today).Just getting the council permits etc would cost a fair few pennies too. Thereafter there's the regular maintenance of grooming, repacking, repairing landslides etc.

Yeah, we're talking a racetrack which stands up to regular usage. It can't collapse halfway thru the race and have varying conditions through the day.

You Savage ppl just need a construction site...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Skidd said:
zoomer said:

Man that's scarey!! I guess if you go the sealed optionfor the road cars then it gets expensive. I'd imagine it would be cheaper to push some dirt around with a bobcat and make a course for the savages.

Almost as scary as your 1:1 truck!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Or talk to the local bmx bandits... they normally know of some good spots

There aint much that they can jump that a savy cant

Anybody tried Diamond Creek Trails? i recall riding there "in the day" on the pushie, an trippin at these 8ft jumps...and these guys are doin 360's over em!Wicked. lol.

Diamo jumps are just off the train line... between eltham and Diamond Creek station.

Cars can (kinda) enter off alendale road... where the train crossing is... u'll see

NOTE!!

I havent looked at Diamo jumps in years. The were big then so if they HUGE now it aint my fault u broke ya truck ok!

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Morphy said:
Skidd said:
zoomer said:

Almost as scary as your 1:1 truck!

ROFL... Yep and almost as expensive as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
leroy said:
HI jiggen

want to know more about ryper hobbies track here in perth where is it and whens the completion date?

http://www.ryperhobbies.com/ the web site is still under construction and they are in bibra lake. none of the tracks are up yet. the mini t track is nearest to completion

thier phone number is 08 9494 2950

the hobby shop part is up and runningEdited by: jiggen5354

1 - 19 of 19 Posts