Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, just thought id throw this out as im new to the sport and not quite sure what to do...

Ive just got my new TA SC10RS and am totally keen to get into things but after not 10 mins of driving my truck is giving a loud clickety sound or one of that spinning on gears, especially on start up or reapplying throttle during run.

from my limited knowledge and also taking into account the truck was not 10 mins old, ive checked the pinion & spur & theyre both ok.... surely this cant be a diff thing in a brand new truck???

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what i could tell(on my knowledge) the gear mesh was ok, no the spur gear was clean and i rerun after checking. Yes the rs comes with slipper and i havent looked at this?? i assumed that that the rtr setting was ok??? should this be my next check point?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
The gear diffs in the Associated's are known for it. Either email Associated and let them know - they should send you some shims for free. Or, just order some shims for it.

TLDR: Diff needs to be shimmed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for feedback... Guess i'll be making contact with Associated, hopefully ive done no damage to the Diff and the shims are all i need to get her going, as for a new truck it hasnt seen much action!

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is also making the same sound under load (initial acceleration and out of corners) I got about 8 packs out of mine before it started.

Ive contacted associated, awiating their reply.
Out of curiosity, can i purchase shims locally?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Mine is also making the same sound under load (initial acceleration and out of corners) I got about 8 packs out of mine before it started.

Ive contacted associated, awiating their reply.
Out of curiosity, can i purchase shims locally?
Yeah any RC shop will have them in stock, they are very common.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.