Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey look what I found...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#f0f8ff><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="100%" colSpan=3>
<CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=middle width="100%" colSpan=3>OS Glow plugs at CRAZY prices!

<CENTER></CENTER>
<TR>
<TD align=middle><A href="http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi1.IL&mt=na&re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=os71605300_detail:
</A>
<CENTER></CENTER>
OS A3 Glow Plug Hot
SPECIAL A$ 3.60</TD>
<TD align=middle> <A onmouseover="window.status='Show Details'; return true" href="http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi1.IL&mt=na&re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=os71608001_detail:
</A>
<CENTER></CENTER>
OS No 8 Glow Plug Med
SPECIAL A$ 4.95</TD>
<TD align=middle><A onmouseover="window.status='Show Details'; return true" href="http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi?1.IL&mt=na&re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=os71605100_detail:
</A>
<CENTER></CENTER>
OS A5 Glow plug Cold
SPECIAL A$ 5.95</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

These prices are at Radio Model Supplies.Edited by: Morphy

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Damned good buy!! Better stock up.

OS plugs are always great quality. Have used some other brands where some of them even leak pressure... does weird things to idling.

ps: don't buy A3s though, they're exact same working as #8. But A3 only has a plated wire and that valuable plating will wear off after a while. The #8 has a solid wire instead and will last many times longer than an A3. It is worth the extra few cents premium!!

#8 has been around forever, first touched 1 in ~1976. A3 was brought out by OS as a 'cheaper' plug for OEM use. They are good for use in brand new engines when you run them in... for everybody knows you should change the plug after running in, right??
So a cheap plug has its use.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Only if running in has damaged the plug.

For me, the plug was dead at end of the break-in period (first 8 or 9 tanks for me) anyway.

I bought a total of 10 OS#8 and #5 plugs from RMS because they were $10 each at my LHS !!!!
But then my engine died and I picked up an RB which uses a different plug! D'oh!

If anyone in Sydney (Parramatta to Penrith) wants to buy some of these plugs from me, then they're about $5.40 and $6.50 each (the extra to share my postage cost on them)

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just a quick comment about the remarks comparing the A3 to the No 8. I run the A3 plug in my Inferno MP7.5 Sports. The engine in the Sport is notorious as a plug muncher due to a combination of high comp ratio and super high running temps, but unless I do something silly with the tunes I find the A3's hold up just fine, and they run nicer than the other plugs I've tried (incoluding the OS8).

So you can't really say "x will last longer than y". There are simply too many variants in what goes on inside an engine for comments like that. Comp ratio, revs, pipe, tune, fuel, ambient temps, even plug gasket thickness and seating - they all play a part. And probably a fair few other things I can't think of right now. All you can say really is "x should theoretically last longer than y, at least it does in my car which is a <fill in blank>"

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
I run the GS21 in the Inferno too, yep its gotta be run real hot to get it into the tuning sweetzone. Yup it chews plugs... and that's where my #8s lasts much longer than an A3.

My other uses... small 12/15 Kyosho engines and OS 12/15s - they're not that hard on plugs, they last forever. But if you use an A3 long enough, the wire coil goes a bronzy colour = plating is gone. #8 never goes bronzy.

Main causes for bad idling are (1) bad fuel (2) air leaks (3) bad plug.

For that measly extra buck, I'm happy to pay the premium.

(btw I'm the one whose car starts first pop and keeps going nonstop. Hate wrenching in the field, don't find that fun at all - prefer to fix it at home.)

---------------------------------

After running in engines, its common to find metal fillings stuck to the plug's coil. Does nothing good for theplug's operation and there's a chance those fillings can fall back in... so just change the plug for cheap insurance.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Morphy said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#f0f8ff><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="100%" colSpan=3>
<CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=middle width="100%" colSpan=3>OS Glow plugs at CRAZY prices!

<CENTER></CENTER>
<TR>
<TD align=middle><A href="http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi1.IL&mt=na&re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=os71605300_detail:
</A>
<CENTER></CENTER>
OS A3 Glow Plug Hot
SPECIAL A$ 3.60</TD>
<TD align=middle> <A href="http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi1.IL&mt=na&re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=os71608001_detail:
</A>
<CENTER></CENTER>
OS No 8 Glow Plug Med
SPECIAL A$ 4.95</TD>
<TD align=middle><A onmouseover="window.status='Show Details'; return true" href="http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi1.IL&mt=na&re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=os71605100_detail:
</A>
<CENTER></CENTER>
OS A5 Glow plug Cold
SPECIAL A$ 5.95</TD></TR></T></T></T></TABLE>

These prices are at Radio Model Supplies.

looks like the offer is over, boys.

Now 3.95 & 5.50...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
yep.. bummer im after some... oh well few extra bucks!

OS#8's are GREAT
.. its the only plug that starts off a cold start for me

ive tried like 3 others..

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm pretty sure shipping was $9 for me when I bought some plugs from them - that was about 4 months ago.

At the time, unless it was a large item, it was $9 within Australia for postage.

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What would u recomend for my Savage?

Im running 8 and its going good. Me and my mates wanna buy some bulk cause i can get em at Trade Price.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
hellholefred said:
What would u recomend for my Savage?

Im running 8 and its going good. Me and my mates wanna buy some bulk cause i can get em at Trade Price.

The OS 8 is generally accepted as being the best plug for the job.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is that true Skidd? I am using a OS #5 for the S-25 that I thought was the best all around plug.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts