Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My mate has had another accident (front rolls on tar!) and as a result, has more bends to his truck'schassis. The plate upon which the engine is mounted is bent as the engine gear no longermeshes properly with the spur (I hope these descriptions are correct).

We are looking for brace sets and can find chassis braces and bulkhead braces. (www.rczonecentral.com).

Whats the difference and what sorts will we need to prevent the chassis from twisting each time the Savage takes a hit.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
51 Posts
well i bent wy tvps and got the gpm 4.75mm and they r twice as thick and wont bend also get the centre skid plate that will stop the truck moving on hard landings

·
Registered
472 Posts
what about doing somehting like this???i plan to take my savage to school on thursday and do something similar to this

·
Registered
761 Posts
wouldnt it be better if those rods were attached to the tvps instead of the skids?? then the tvps wouldnt bend in cause those would stop it whereas those sitting ontop of the skids doesnt look like itd do much

·
Registered
472 Posts
the rods are actually attached to the pieces of purple aluminium underneath the skids and those are attached to the TVP's and it would strengthen the whole truck aswell as protecting the tranny

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

We actually worked things out - made some new aluminium braces for under where the engine mount plate sits - 10 mm square.

Also have some others on order from Ebay - the braces to replace the plastic rods front and back (whatever they are called!)

Cheers,

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts