Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forums, but old at Ntro R/C... but mostly in on-road super-tourers. Im thinking of a stadium truck as my next purchase, and my LHS suggest the CEN FunFactor2as the perfect truck.

Anyone got any experience with this sucker? I've found a few bits and pieces around the net, but not really anything I want to trust with my cash....

·
Registered
87 Posts
The CEN trucks have had good reviews, but I have no experience with them myself. I hear that the Duratrax STs are supposed to be able to take a beating.

·
Registered
761 Posts
What about the Cen MT1/2 ? (Only Difference is the Body)

Since their all interchangable.. meaning the ST can become the MT that can then become the Buggy, why not get the best of them all and then put smaller tires on, after seeing how the best one performs?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How exactly do I see how the best one performs however? I have only found 2 shops that sell them in aus, and neither has a demo...

As I aid before, I've read plenty of web reviews that indicate that they are pretty good value for money, especially compared to the HPI MT2 (Same price, but the HPI doesnt have a 2 speed by default, and cant be changed into any other format car without a large amount of hop-ups and time to change the parts) and even compared to the mugen mtx3 (i think it was...) which is nearly twice the price.

Sam_Kent, do you know of any LHS's that sell the duratrax trucks? mine doesnt... and i dont recall seeing anywhere that does in my web-travels...

G

·
Hi

I bought a Cen MT2 last week and I dont have any experience with any other brand of Monster truck but have a a Kyosho track car.

It appears to be well built, its very fast the two speed kicks in and it flys, it jumps well rolls and tumbles with no damages so far.

Engine starts easily idles well and pulls like a train.

with a pull start there is no hassel and expense of the auto start types.

and for $575 its half the price of a Tmaxx.

I would recomend that you buy it.

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate, where did you get yours from - thats about $30 cheaper than my LHS... may not seem like much, but thats an extra 3Ltrs of Fuel I can buy with it :])

G

·
I got it got from Central Coast MOdel Supplies,

Shop 4/308 the entrance Road

Long Jetty

02 43339266

Bob is the owner and he is very helpful

Hope that helps

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Legends!

Thanks heaps guys... very much appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.